Dogs.

Homes and Retreats
mallie99

Re: Dogs.

Post by mallie99 »

Jack the Lad wrote:Keeping food stored for a dog does not need to be a huge task, I feed my working cocker 260g of skinners feild & trial per day. A 15KG bag costs around £20 and lasts 2 months. 6 bags for a year does not take up to much space and he would help provide food for the table.
Love working cockers. This thread really depresses me, the missus won't let me get a dawg :(
Entirely certain that nothing is certain

ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

mallie99 wrote: Love working cockers. This thread really depresses me, the missus won't let me get a dawg :(
Give her a cute little bundle of fluff.

Don't tell her that its going to become this
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
mallie99

Post by mallie99 »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
mallie99 wrote: Love working cockers. This thread really depresses me, the missus won't let me get a dawg :(
Give her a cute little bundle of fluff.

Don't tell her that its going to become this
:D never tell her that, she has enough issues when one of the cats bring home a mouse or frog ;)

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I understood that raw bones are safe - its cooked bones that are the danger?
Jack the Lad

Post by Jack the Lad »

Lovley Dogs FC
This is my first cooker after years of Labs, he runs on rocket fuel and never stops. When people mention Dogs and SHTF I always think my dogs would earn more then there keep with regards food etc and this doesn't include security and companionship. I train my dogs for shooting and family life and couldn't imagine life without a dog or two. :D
Poppy and Sam our current 2
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Thanks Jack, but I found the pics via google.
We're a Scottie household though, and the couple of months between losing our last one and the new furry tornado moving in were the worse time in the last eight years.

I just don't get how some people are willingly dogless.....
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
mallie99

Post by mallie99 »

I keep trying, but the missus keeps saying no

http://www.oldies.org.uk/?attachment_id=97308

This one does need a home though :)

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

there's plenty of dogs in "rescue centres" needing new homes, that's where I'd be heading IF I wanted another dog, I don't think our Cairn terrier would be very amused though!
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

We have 2 Lurchers they are very vocal when people come to the door which is great as they have BIG barks they are both daft with people but will alert us to other people. They also get protective when out and about if we see someone on our walks and they don't fit the area (no dog in the middle of nowhere sort of thing) they'll heel until what they consider the threat has passed.

They make great family pets and have a huge prey drive both are rescue dogs from the local Dogs Home the problem with rescue dogs is sometimes they come with "issues" that require working through.
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
soutie

Post by soutie »

recently our neighbors hamster escaped and somehow found it's way into our living room , the jack Russel was on it like a flash and since he made his first kill it is like he found his purpose in life !!! :lol:

He is continuously searching/ hunting , the instinct is so strong .

In a shtf situation he will probably be great at rabbiting .