How can I find a suitable BO location?

Homes and Retreats
bunkernutter

Re: How can I find a suitable BO location?

Post by bunkernutter »

there some great deep shelters in kent ,mainly dover area ive been down many as a hobby most designed to hold 1000 people
lots of room and space for fires etc etc ,do fancy camping out in one for the night (theres a thought if anyones up for it lol)
perfect to bug out and disappear. :D
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

all the talk about tunnels got me thinking .... 15 seconds on the interweb and for anyone in glasgow who's interested here are the locations of all the abandoned tunnels in the glasgow area.

Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Maddosammo

Post by Maddosammo »

I'm into urbex photography, you will be surprised what is underneath your feet.
And to that matter what it abandoned

Atleast I know where I'm getting the hell to.
Sam

Area 9
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

Maddosammo wrote:you will be surprised what is underneath your feet.
Probably not ;)

There are a lot of good hiding places within a few miles of home, but I doubt I'll ever need them :lol: Unless the wife finds out :shock:
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

Maddosammo

How can I find a suitable BO location?

Post by Maddosammo »

12mp82 wrote:
Maddosammo wrote:you will be surprised what is underneath your feet.
Probably not ;)

There are a lot of good hiding places within a few miles of home, but I doubt I'll ever need them :lol: Unless the wife finds out :shock:

Haha yeah, one bit of advice if you want to go recceing anywhere underground, get a gas meter, there can be horrible compounds down there and a gas mask as well probably wouldn't go a miss.

Sorry I know not entirely prepping related but for anyone's own personal safety it is a must if you choose to go that way for when TSHTF.

If anyone would like any more information send me a PM and I will try and help You the best I can, keep this topic prepping related.

Stay safe and happy prepping.

Sent using Tapatalk

EDIT: also keep in mind the saying" when it rains don't drain" when exploring possible storm drains as it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what happens when it rains and your in a drain. And bear in mind where the tunnel might be coming from, it may not be raining where you are but is it, where the catchment of the drain is.
Sam

Area 9
Cocotte

Post by Cocotte »

Slightly more than I can afford, BUT a whole village for €45k
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22409449
maxilaura

Post by maxilaura »

I live in Guildford so have the Surrey Hills as my bug out location. First stop would be to one of the scouts camps and then making my way down to the coast using the disused train tracks. Bought a map of all the hiking routes as well from the Surrey Hills to Portsmouth.
Briggs

Post by Briggs »

maxilaura wrote:I live in Guildford so have the Surrey Hills as my bug out location. First stop would be to one of the scouts camps and then making my way down to the coast using the disused train tracks. Bought a map of all the hiking routes as well from the Surrey Hills to Portsmouth.
I'm wondering why you would head cross country to the Surrey Hills then leave the countryside to go to Portsmouth? I hope you don't mind me asking.
I recently experienced Plymouth City centre so that's why I prep.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

There's actually a jacket thingie that turns into a small tent! I think you inflate it.
Amber_Leith

Post by Amber_Leith »

These woodland locations are fine when its just a handful of ramblers on a camping trip, wait and see how long they'd last when millions of people are looking fpr firewood, this countries rural areas ave never ben tested with that many people.

Places like Cheddar Gorge or the Surey Hills could easily be made home by 10's of thousands of refugees in a really bad situation, I honestly think we ned too be a bit more creative.

The underground maps are superb, that's the sort of thing very few people would think of, any urban preppers should check out access too them.