National Trust Buildings

Homes and Retreats
pol76

National Trust Buildings

Post by pol76 »

Hello Girls and Boys

I was looking on another site and a thread came up regarding the use of old buildings / bunkers

The way i see it if it all goes pete tong fast we wont have time to build or plan so we will need a semi secure structure that is rural well off the main roads but still within striking distance of them so that we can move there fast

If we take over a national trust building or that type of thing be it goverment or private company then we are not doing any harm to a person the chance of anybody trying to turf us out would be remote

Perhaps this is the type of place that we need for a group BOL a place to head for from all over the country our FRV and some very interesting places to the north west of the A69

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Featherstone_Castle

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...K8mAhQed3dC3Dg

Just an idea if this place was built in times of trouble and built for defence then why not use the place now

max
pol76

Re: National Trust Buildings

Post by pol76 »

Once in the location we can offer the owner payment or with strength in numbers offer them protection
I would hate to say first come first served and we are a bigger better trained better armed better motivate gang that yours

max
pol76

Post by pol76 »

NR when I looking at this area I thought of you well atleast if Lil ever came after you with the rest of the highland preppers you might be safe atleast for a while :D

This ia a blog for a person who spent time at the castle

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... hQed3dC3Dg

I think a summer visit will be on the cards but I am a great beliver in the numbers game when it comes to defence

you are right the area is full of fortified buildings

max
pol76

Post by pol76 »

NR thanks for the offer i will take you up on that I have spent many a long hour in sunny Otterburn :D so know a bit about the terrain and building types in that area but thought this place was great had every thing that I would look for in a BOL

I posted just to get others thoughts on this type of location as a main FRV because in the end if we are all spread around the nation then a location to head for in a total collapse to me seems like a good idea

Also what are peoples thoughts on taking over this type of building or a national trust / goverment building in bad times

max
lisaloolibell

Post by lisaloolibell »

I live quite near the A69 and thought that because its a main road you would probably get a lot of refugees heading that way from the north east.

I looked at this place and wondered if it would be any good for a BOL just not sure if its secure enough?

http://www.rockuk.org/gallery/whithaugh-park/NDAAF
pol76

Post by pol76 »

Any center like this would be good they have all the buildings you need but and it is a very big but it is not built for defence and that is were it is let down

Any place that runs kids adventure training have all the features you need and they are set up for group living so if you can find an old place like featherstone castle which is remote off the main road and built for defence then you have the basic setting for your groups rebuilding location

I have looked at a number of activity locations in north yorkshire but none have the defence points or are to close to main roads

With you and NR being near to this place then I expect the kettle to be on when I get there I have the hobnobs :lol:
lisaloolibell

Post by lisaloolibell »

pol76 wrote:
Also what are peoples thoughts on taking over this type of building or a national trust / goverment building in bad times
Ive thought about this a lot, at the moment I think I would feel quite apprehensive and guilty about taking over a property that doesnt belong to me however in a shtf situation I think my motherly instincts may take over and Ill do whatevers necessary to protect my kids.

Even thought about getting a set of bump keys so I could let myself in then wouldnt feel so bad!
pol76

Post by pol76 »

I will like you do anything to keep my family safe and secure and have no problems taking a building over that fits my needs and that of our group

The goverment will have bunkers, bases and all the kit they need we the people with have to fend for ourselves against lack of food and medical care also the bad men out there who will want what we have so strong numbers in a strong building will make them move on

If you are up in that neck of the woods then you already have the head start to keep your family safe and you arealready looking at the right type of location

max
hobo

Post by hobo »

Interesting stuff. I had only got as far as identifying a couple of off-the-beaten-track youth hostels as potential BOLs. When TSHTF big time I am anticipating these will be quickly abandoned. Although not as easily defendable as castles, they offer good options in terms of disguise and deterrent.
pol76

Post by pol76 »

I have looked at youth hostels but nothing fits the bill in our area but they would make great stop off points or a good first RV for the group to form up before moving to the FRV

Most YHAs are not always manned with staff also the same with holiday cottage sites so could be used for the meeting up point for say 24hrs them move to the next one heading towards the FRV

Say a meeting point north of york at a remote building that could be used to stay over night 24hrs for the group to form from around yorkshire then head out in a group to our main location this would then give us the security of numbers and better intel of what is going on in our area before the final move was made during the move up we collect others along the way who would know our route and RV points

max