Relocation, Relocation

Homes and Retreats
CardiffGuy

Relocation, Relocation

Post by CardiffGuy »

Evening All.

Well Ive made a move from the big city aka Cardiff and moved to somewhere a bit more close too the woods - Maesteg a small town in Bridgend County which used to be a mining town(both iron ore and coal)

Decided after the op and split from my partner(see other post) that it was time for a change, needless to say, House prices are cheap here, only takes me 30 to 40 minutes to commute into Cardiff for work but on my doorstep, I have mountains, forests and very big open spaces, I believe slightly cleaner air also :D

I am renting at the moment, however already began looking for my own house and can get quite good bang for my budget, propertywise this way and with the view to renting out a spare room when I get my own house(buying), I can pay the mortgage off asap.

Anyways looking at other posts about home security, landlord is pretty happy for me to increase security as applicable, has given me free will over decorating cosmetically, plenty of storage space internally, plus I have garden space for a green house for food :D
preppingsu

Re: Relocation, Relocation

Post by preppingsu »

Sounds good, hope you are making a swift recovery.
I've looked online at many very rural welsh properties, up a mountian etc. Prices are much cheaper but a long way off for me unfortunately!!!!!!
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

I would sell up tomorrow and move to North Wales where land is cheep and sheep are nervous.

Unfortunately, wifey thinks I am bonkers so I guess I am staying put for the forseable. I had a friend who offered to sell me an acre of land for £4,000 but he went and died last year before I could get the cash together. He had 50 acres and said he was happy to sell me as much as I wanted at 4K and acre.

Still, looking for something not too far from the kids so wifey can still do all the things that mums do.

Be lucky (and maternal)
Technik

Post by Technik »

I'm after an acre of land as well, somewhere in south / central Scotland but don't even know how to look for it ;)
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Technik wrote:I'm after an acre of land as well, somewhere in south / central Scotland but don't even know how to look for it ;)
this might be a start....
http://www.uklanddirectory.org.uk/build ... otland.asp
CardiffGuy

Post by CardiffGuy »

Land is definately on my list within the next 12 to 24 months.

Perhaps small groups can pursue a joint purchase of land in a mutually agreed area to get a one, two or as many acre's as possible for the combined budget for bugging out too or food production if one person couldnt get one themselves.

CardiffGuy
Technik

Post by Technik »

preppingsu wrote:
Technik wrote:I'm after an acre of land as well, somewhere in south / central Scotland but don't even know how to look for it ;)
this might be a start....
http://www.uklanddirectory.org.uk/build ... otland.asp
Thanks su.