Potential UK power failure

Homes and Retreats
ForgeCorvus

Re: Potential UK power failure

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Question for those planning on using their cars as additional gennie fuel stores.... How are you going to get the petrol (or WHY) out?
I ask because most modern cars have anti-syphon or anti-rollover valves
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Simple enough job jack car remove filler neck jubilee clip slip in anti static jiggle Syphon and jerry can to collect fuel.. been there done it in the past (leaky tank)

Smaller amounts unclip fuel outlet from fuel filter put container over spigot get friend to cycle ignition.. (run out of fuel in my Coleman lantern)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:02 pm
Honda eu10i (1kw)
Or the eu20i (2kw)

Can be had for reasonable money scour the selling pages on Facebook especially those relating to motor homes and caravans
Thank you
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Thank you for sharing helpful info that is very helpful to someone new to prepping like me. I thought it may be helpful to say that solar panel systems are thought to create 'dirty electricity' and this is well worth considering.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Butterfly wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:57 pm Thank you for sharing helpful info that is very helpful to someone new to prepping like me. I thought it may be helpful to say that solar panel systems are thought to create 'dirty electricity' and this is well worth considering.

Welcome to the forum can you please post an intro in the new members start here area please..

Solar electricity or generator based have the potential to cause issues

Generator based a 60w filament bulb of surge suppressor can help smooth any spikes..

Solar in a 12v charging variant is fine by a charge controller if your stepping up to 240v via an Inverter your wanting pure sine wave
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Seems a knock on effect of this pandemic is a reduced demand for electricity . One would think that in itself would be a good thing but the matter is a little more complicated.
https://www.newpower.info/2020/04/natio ... stability/
Also seems that recently some tarrifs have become negative at least for a short time. Early in april ( the 5th i think) Octopus energy , for example , had a negative rate between 10am and 4 pm -4p per kwh and have had periodical night time negative rates.