Inflatable concrete Shelters.

Homes and Retreats
Markymark

Inflatable concrete Shelters.

Post by Markymark »

Interesting. Well worth a look if you have land or permission.

https://www.concretecanvas.com/defence

ATB Markymark.
ATB

Markymark
Markymark

Re: Inflatable concrete Shelters.

Post by Markymark »

Attachments
519B8307-535C-4262-B7C8-26D25BB4510C.jpeg
ATB

Markymark
Panther

Post by Panther »

Oh how attractive! No one will notice that at the bottom of our garden will they? I'll tell them it's the latest thing in summerhouses. :lol:
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Interesting concept. To be honest before I looked at the link I was expecting some sort of inflatable shutter over which concrete would be poured rather than the concrete canvas that it was. As to it's usefulness I'm in two minds as I can't see the real advantage over a regular tent . It would appear to be a singe use item as it will set once up and can't be taken down and reerected elsewhere. And only 5mm thick so a poor bunker I would think and presumably not strong enough to heap soil over it . Using the concrete canvas to form drainage channels and the like as shown on the site too seems a much better use of the material.
Markymark

Post by Markymark »

Don’t forget the patio furniture. 😂

I believe you can pile soil to a depth of 1.4m on the top, there’s a tech drawing knocking about somewhere with capacities. Indeed, the pictured concrete shelter is not a portablable tent to throw on your back when the urge takes you 😂 I find it interesting what you could do with the material before it’s made into a shelter. It could be laid over a smaller template designed by you for your requirements and needs, bolt hole maybe at the bottom of the garden, given its extended rot resistance and fire retardant properties could also be used for the discreet long term storage of items.

FFCBF4A9-852D-494E-8DCE-69DC8D6C5876.jpeg
ATB

Markymark
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Can't deny that furniture is pretty cool looking.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

grenfell wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:54 pm Can't deny that furniture is pretty cool looking.
No splinters either. ;)
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

But being concrete impregnated canvas it might benifit from a cushion or blanket thrown over it , perhaps , maybe , don't know but it sounds a tad hard or rough...
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

with this product there is only one real issue with it and thats getting it wetted out correctly and evenly, you end up with soft spots when you down wet it evenly.

the red cresent trialed an inflatably tent system way back in the 1980's
the idea was this big inflatable ballon shapped like a dome tent was blown up with a foot pump the tent was pre sewn into panels which as a skin you threw over the inflatable former, once the skin was on it was wetted out and after 24hours you deflated the former and started again.

had several issues with it in a practical point of view. more to do with the idiots installing it rather than the system it self.
the first one was they used to cut the inflatable formers up to make a tent and not use the concrete impregnated hessian skin. the ones they did make they never fixed down and used to blow over in the wind, people used them to make boats with, no water to actually make the skin set solid
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

In one of the pictures in the link it shows soldiers creating a watercourse or culvert , German going by the uniforms. There's an idea that if something is going to be used by squaddies then it needs to be idiot proof. Not very kind to military personnel but it should mean that this stuff can be used by people not specifically trained in this type of thing but yes the point of it being incorrectly used is an important issue. Just for balance I've been in construction for a pretty long time and have lost count off the amount of times when someone who is supposedly trained has made an absolute pig's ear of something.