Nuclear Bunker for sale

Homes and Retreats
preppingsu

Nuclear Bunker for sale

Post by preppingsu »

This sounds really good as it comes with land. Good price but its going to auction so it will end up selling for much, much more. I'm very tempted!!!!!!!!! :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arket.html
lisaloolibell

Re: Nuclear Bunker for sale

Post by lisaloolibell »

preppingsu wrote:This sounds really good as it comes with land. Good price but its going to auction so it will end up selling for much, much more. I'm very tempted!!!!!!!!! :)

You never know sue you might be the only one mad enough to want to own one of these. :lol: If I had the money I'd go for it. Can't see an air filtration system that it would require in the event of a nuclear attack but it would make a brilliant BOL. There are a number of these bunkers dotted about cumbria but theyre all locked. :evil:
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

Without installing a good air circulation system you would be dead in there withing a few days, if not sooner!

They are basically an observation bunker and not a nuclear bunker, they have no running water, no drainage, no power, only one entry and exit point which a few concrete blocks could secure.

The land owners were paid £900 by the MOD to leave them on site rather than to level them off.

Might be useful for an underground store at constant temperature, but not for living in.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

lisaloolibell wrote:
preppingsu wrote:This sounds really good as it comes with land. Good price but its going to auction so it will end up selling for much, much more. I'm very tempted!!!!!!!!! :)

You never know sue you might be the only one mad enough to want to own one of these. :lol: If I had the money I'd go for it. Can't see an air filtration system that it would require in the event of a nuclear attack but it would make a brilliant BOL. There are a number of these bunkers dotted about cumbria but theyre all locked. :evil:
Had a look on google street view and its right on a main road.although behind mature hedges. It can't be seen as you go past but once you start going there it becomes more obvious. Not the best BOL.
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

There are a couple of those around me, still sealed and in good nick, one within a five minute walk.

Lighting the wood burner and leaving a vent open at the other end of the bunker would likely bring enough air circulation - a simple way to ventilate that was used in mines for centuries (millennia???)

I would like one, just for the fun of it, but haven't got £7k+ to play with.
the-gnole

Post by the-gnole »

Has anyone else ever been down into one of these three roomed bunkers? they are "interesting" :lol:
allan

Post by allan »

the-gnole wrote:Has anyone else ever been down into one of these three roomed bunkers? they are "interesting" :lol:
hey are all over the country have a look at this site it shows locations and give a status on each. -

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/location
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yep thats a ROC (Royal Observer Corps) bunker there all over the place, although most are trashed or full of water. I have a friend that bought one, the issue is getting electric and water to them and access, they are in places where the farmer/surrounding land owner is the issue and they tend to go with minimal land.
AKM.

Post by AKM. »

The problem with bunkers like this is that they are well known locally. Soon as something goes wrong, they would be besieged, taken over, then besieged again until they become completely trashed.......

in the meantime though; would make a nice little get away.....especially if remote..... :D
counsellor

Post by counsellor »

I’ve been and had a look at a couple near here ( there are about 13 in all in the county)
They would be ok for a couple of days max, if things were really bad or as a way of getting to another location
The ROC web site list lots of grid ref and descriptions
The steps down are quite small (sorry slim guys only) :D and it would be a worry about being lock in cos once the lid is down that's it
Fownhope is a good one to start with