Hidden retreat?

Homes and Retreats
Arzosah

Re: Hidden retreat?

Post by Arzosah »

Panther wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 am All this talk about hiding in mines or caves ..... I think I must be missing something here. Who or what are you guys planning to hide from exactly? :?
Personally, yes, for fun. I've been ill for ages, and I'm just starting to get back into the unusual trips I like to do, whether day trips or longer. Plus, since I identified as a "prepper", salt has fascinated me - the number of uses, the number of sources, and the history of it all. Especially as this is Cheshire we're talking about, I was thinking this would be a salt mine. Doesn't look like it is, but it still slots into another of my interests, industrial history and archaeology.

Oh bleep! I just found a visit report, it's a bit... extreme :shock: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/h ... 010.51909/

If I'm well, I can cope with the odd ladder, and the odd rope harness :mrgreen:
Last edited by Arzosah on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Going down into confined, flooded, dark underground spaces is definitely not for me, not out of choice anyway until im cold in a box.
Can't cope with the feeling of claustrophobia. Good on those that do though as it has to be a pretty good Bug-Out space. :lol:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Panther

Post by Panther »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:28 pm Going down into confined, flooded, dark underground spaces is definitely not for me, not out of choice anyway until im cold in a box.
Can't cope with the feeling of claustrophobia. Good on those that do though as it has to be a pretty good Bug-Out space. :lol:
To me a good "Hidden Retreat" or BOL is a comfortable 3 or 4 star hotel. ;)
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance