Hidden retreat?

Homes and Retreats
Chunk

Re: Hidden retreat?

Post by Chunk »

Ha ha ha i keep thinking of raiders of the lost ark down this one by me.

Ps anyone near Chester area who wants to visit one give us a shout;)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:48 pm I can't even see what that is :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd have thought something James Bondish originally, but it also looks like Harry Potter, when they tried to steal the cup from Gringotts in Deathly Hallows :lol:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom with the stupidly long railway. Was looking for a picture with Shortround in it.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Chunk wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pm Ha ha ha i keep thinking of raiders of the lost ark down this one by me.

Ps anyone near Chester area who wants to visit one give us a shout;)
I'd take you up on that if I didn't live nearer to Paris than Chester. I love underground stuff.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I'd be somewhat wary of using a mine if I'm honest. Not just because of bad guys and big murderous balls but because they're potentially quite unsafe. Depending on what sort of mine and where it is there could be problems with gas and flooding not to mention the possibility of collapse. They're also likely to be cold and uncomfortable and many only have one way in or out. If one has to go down a shaft there's also the problem of getting stuck down there .
I always think the biggest issue with bug out plans is timing and duration. Exactly when to run to the bunker , campsite or bug out vehicle and then just how long one has to stay there. Fuel availability could very well be an issue as could weather conditions. One thing I think would be essential anyway would be a decent radio receiver and power to run it so one could monitor events as they unfold and and judge when it would be safe go back to " civilisation " .
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Deeps wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:21 pm
Arzosah wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:48 pm I can't even see what that is :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd have thought something James Bondish originally, but it also looks like Harry Potter, when they tried to steal the cup from Gringotts in Deathly Hallows :lol:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom with the stupidly long railway. Was looking for a picture with Shortround in it.

Ta! I never saw that one :oops: though I do like Harrison Ford doing his thing :mrgreen:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Chunk wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pmPs anyone near Chester area who wants to visit one give us a shout;)
I'll be up that way in spring :mrgreen: when staying with rellies, my new route takes me through Chester. Would love to see something like that in the flesh. Is that a salt mine, Chunk?
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

grenfell wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:58 pm I'd be somewhat wary of using a mine if I'm honest. Not just because of bad guys and big murderous balls but because they're potentially quite unsafe. Depending on what sort of mine and where it is there could be problems with gas and flooding not to mention the possibility of collapse. They're also likely to be cold and uncomfortable and many only have one way in or out. If one has to go down a shaft there's also the problem of getting stuck down there .
I always think the biggest issue with bug out plans is timing and duration. Exactly when to run to the bunker , campsite or bug out vehicle and then just how long one has to stay there. Fuel availability could very well be an issue as could weather conditions. One thing I think would be essential anyway would be a decent radio receiver and power to run it so one could monitor events as they unfold and and judge when it would be safe go back to " civilisation " .
Some well founded concerns there! Pros and cons i guess
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:38 am
Chunk wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pmPs anyone near Chester area who wants to visit one give us a shout;)
I'll be up that way in spring :mrgreen: when staying with rellies, my new route takes me through Chester. Would love to see something like that in the flesh. Is that a salt mine, Chunk?
Sure thing, give me a shout when your up thos way ;)
Ps google Hendre spa mine
Panther

Post by Panther »

All this talk about hiding in mines or caves ..... I think I must be missing something here. Who or what are you guys planning to hide from exactly? :?
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

Panther wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 am All this talk about hiding in mines or caves ..... I think I must be missing something here. Who or what are you guys planning to hide from exactly? :?
A up ;) me personally go down them for fun.