When your SO completely fails as a prepper (light hearted)

Homes and Retreats
Brambles

Re: When your SO completely fails as a prepper (light hearte

Post by Brambles »

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

My father in law would not consider himself a prepper at all, but the family joke is how many toilet rolls he keeps.

Once I jokingly mocked the floor to ceiling pile he had in the bathroom (8 x 24 packets) at which point he showed me the hall cupboard with another matching stash.

I know where we are going if the SHTF. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Arwen Thebard wrote:My father in law would not consider himself a prepper at all, but the family joke is how many toilet rolls he keeps.

Once I jokingly mocked the floor to ceiling pile he had in the bathroom (8 x 24 packets) at which point he showed me the hall cupboard with another matching stash.

I know where we are going if the SHTF. :D
You'll have plenty to wipe it off with anyhoo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (coat on, out the door)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Arwen Thebard wrote:Once I jokingly mocked the floor to ceiling pile he had in the bathroom (8 x 24 packets) at which point he showed me the hall cupboard with another matching stash.
Only 16 x 24 packs? :o He's no prepper then! That'll not last a year! Mine are stored in the bathroom attic. My excuse for so many is that they are acting as insulation for the bathroom :roll:
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

ukpreppergrrl wrote:
Arwen Thebard wrote:Once I jokingly mocked the floor to ceiling pile he had in the bathroom (8 x 24 packets) at which point he showed me the hall cupboard with another matching stash.
Only 16 x 24 packs? :o He's no prepper then! That'll not last a year! Mine are stored in the bathroom attic. My excuse for so many is that they are acting as insulation for the bathroom :roll:
Being serious for a moment I wonder what the position is regarding insurance and the fire risk? We all know they will look for any excuse not to pay up.
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

sniper 55 wrote:Being serious for a moment I wonder what the position is regarding insurance and the fire risk? We all know they will look for any excuse not to pay up.
It's actually quite hard to set fire to a toilet roll. Not impossible by any stretch, but no harder than setting fire to the wool insulation that is sold. There'd have to be a pretty big blaze already going in the bathroom I think and if so the toilet rolls aren't going to make much difference.
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

It doesn't seem to happen nowadays but a decade or so ago there was a phase on re-enactments to see torches at night made from a toilet roll soaked in paraffin in a tin on a pole . Worked quite well as I recall not that I ever made any as it just seemed a waste of perfectly good bog roll.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

grenfell wrote:It doesn't seem to happen nowadays but a decade or so ago there was a phase on re-enactments to see torches at night made from a toilet roll soaked in paraffin in a tin on a pole . Worked quite well as I recall not that I ever made any as it just seemed a waste of perfectly good bog roll.
and paraffin. :D
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Yes and paraffin :oops:
On a very similar theme I was at one time asked to make flaming torches for a singing group known as the Medieval babes . They were to be carried in as the group made their way to the stage for an evening concert. I used a similar technique but rather than bog roll and paraffin I used hessian and candle wax and because one of the specifications was that there wouldn't be any drips they were mounted in fray bentos pudding tins on a handle. Such hard work having to eat something like nine puddings :D
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

grenfell wrote:Yes and paraffin :oops:
On a very similar theme I was at one time asked to make flaming torches for a singing group known as the Medieval babes . They were to be carried in as the group made their way to the stage for an evening concert. I used a similar technique but rather than bog roll and paraffin I used hessian and candle wax and because one of the specifications was that there wouldn't be any drips they were mounted in fray bentos pudding tins on a handle. Such hard work having to eat something like nine puddings :D
You're a bloody trouper mate, don't let anyone tell you any different. :lol: