Washing Clothes

Homes and Retreats
Brambles

Washing Clothes

Post by Brambles »

I have just come across a truly inspired way to wash clothes by hand without being up to your armpits in soapsuds and water. :D

It's a bit pricey at £35 :shock: but I reckon an ordinary non gucci dry bag would do the same job. :D If you need to hand wash stuff, I think this could be a very efficient method.

https://thescrubba.com/

Wash Bag.jpg
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Jamesey1981

Re: Washing Clothes

Post by Jamesey1981 »

You reckon right, I've done that with a dry bag!
Forget using travel wash as well, I use stergene hand wash liquid from the supermarket decanted into a travel bottle from a cheapie shop, does the same job as the travel wash you can buy and you get loads more of it for the same price.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Well it's nice to have the idea endorsed :) and the stergene is a good idea too!

I thought about a 5L dry bag
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Nice idea, but please people don't wash your clothes that close to a water source as shown in the pics. :evil:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

pseudonym wrote:Nice idea, but please people don't wash your clothes that close to a water source as shown in the pics. :evil:
Yeah, should go without saying but obviously didn't when they were taking their photos.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

^^ What he said.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

That looks a great idea, now I'll have to investigate stergene.......

Cheers
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I would imagine any delicates hand wash stuff will work, I just use stergene as that's what we have, it does work well though, you're not adding softener so using normal washing powder makes whatever you're washing crispy as there's no softener and it's really hard to rinse it all out, the stergene does leave stuff reasonably soft and rinses out fairly easily.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jamesey1981 wrote:I would imagine any delicates hand wash stuff will work, I just use stergene as that's what we have, it does work well though, you're not adding softener so using normal washing powder makes whatever you're washing crispy as there's no softener and it's really hard to rinse it all out, the stergene does leave stuff reasonably soft and rinses out fairly easily.
Cheers brother, I've done plenty hand washing over the years but just used regular 'dhoby dust' due to a lack of anything else. If this is a more versatile alternative it will be something I'll store as we have plenty of the regular stuff. Dhoby dust is very much Her Maj's part of ship, she's always had an unnatural interest in dhoby, I think she managed to 'land me' when I had a broken washing machine when we first started 'courting'.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Is this the kind of thing people mean by a "dry bag"?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... =469924031

It's a great idea to use your own movement as you're going about your day, to wash some items of clothing.