life at 42c and -26c

Homes and Retreats
stef

life at 42c and -26c

Post by stef »

The above title is not an exaggeration,those are the temps we have put up with in the last 12 months.This is the main reason,'there are others',why we are planning to go back to the uk.
We have been here in BG for 9 years now, and although I'm a sceptic when it comes to ''climate change'',the summers,are hotter now that when we first came in 2008.
A serious illness didn't help 5 years ago relating to my lungs,so this is causing problems with my breathing.
Anyway enough of that :lol:
We start prepping for winter about May,that's when we order wood which is used on the petchkas,''woodburners to you'' ...it's two fold,1/it's cheaper during spring and early summer+ 2/ it's cool enough to get cut up and stacked.
All pipework has to be checked to see if any of the 4 legged varmints have chewed through the insulation.Roof has to be checked also to make sure last winters snow didn't dislodged any tiles.Gutters checked,gs boiler serviced,water filter dismantled and cleaned.
Much of the time the sealant which is round the window frames has to be cut out because the extreme heat splits it,then water can get behind and into the frame,very time consuming...and time does really fly past you here,very rarely look at a clock ;) .
Oh while I'm up on the roof,there is the internet antenna to check and the 2 chimney stacks to rod and brush..phew :roll: .
Many other bits and bobs to do,and failing to prepare,will leave you well and truly in the old s!!t. :lol:
Steve
pseudonym

Re: life at 42c and -26c

Post by pseudonym »

Timely reminder for those back in the UK to get the jobs done in the dry and warm.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.