y,all like scotland what about....

Homes and Retreats
Carrot Cruncher

Re: y,all like scotland what about....

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

Dutchie Delta wrote:Carrot Cruncher, France is pretty expensive. You'd be hard pressed to find something affordable there me thinks.
Had quite a good look around last year in Brittany and parts of Normandy when we were over there on the motorbikes. You can still pick up a well done up cottage in an acre or so for around the 150k mark. Compared to down here in the SW of England that is very cheap :D
Dutchie Delta

Post by Dutchie Delta »

Carrot Cruncher wrote: Had quite a good look around last year in Brittany and parts of Normandy when we were over there on the motorbikes. You can still pick up a well done up cottage in an acre or so for around the 150k mark. Compared to down here in the SW of England that is very cheap :D
Lol, that's big money to me. Good if you can get something like that and have a great place to retreat to.
Eatmoreveg

Post by Eatmoreveg »

Hi, good points all, at first I looked spain 1/2 acre or poss 1 acre with 3 small stone walls for 20.000 uk but the land didnt look like it would grow s*it all sand etc, then I looked at chernobyl sorry Ukraine it is a large area very few live there <kid of speed anglefire> all about the wilderness I dont know the prices but you need a strong conection to be allowed to buy land <think mail order bride> but ina shtf mafia type gangs would move in no ? I know in Ireland new age travelers have taken over cool mountain near Dunmbmanway there is the "peat bog where any one can stay " and the mountaine proper where hippies with capital more together go peat bog is all special brew crew Im too old for that. the remarks buy lil and rd make sence but is there not a difference between middle class in "jimmy choes " and some one wants to bring real wealth i,e say a blacksmiths forge or learn old skills eg victorian farm wattle fences mind you money is still a problem, here where I am east coast all nationalitys are here working for 5.00 a hour no british lads at all theres no work -not that I want to be a slave, "we want some way to make a dollar" <lou reed> and to make our own money personally I think its worse than we think people are driving to the country to steal fuel oil off the farmers <bbc news> also the east coast mainline was down for several hours the other day <day of the march in lon> bbc news .I see on the news before that people are going and pulling up the copper cable for the signal to weigh in I hope they phone british rail to let them know the signils out thinks are very bad hmm maybe Im too old for this but may go this summer to see the score I need to weld up a dog trailer for me mate, lil is there a lot of chinese in cork ?they are the wealthy nation now do they work for less? makes the bosses rich but I think it should be about people not money thats me for now..
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Loads of Chinese in Dublin but didnt see many in Cork - but last time we were over was before 2008. Cork was full of Spanish school kids who form a wedge and sweep everything off the pavement into the road...and the roads are :shock: :shock: scarey!
Our bus going from Cork to Galway got halfway around a roundabout then realised he had missed his turn-off, stopped and REVERSED until he got it ! :mrgreen:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Carrot Cruncher wrote:I have always thought about France, it's nearer to me and most of my relatives than scotland or ireland, and still has relatively cheap housing.....and I can understand the natives better :lol:
Me too. I hope to spend my retirement living in the sunshine in a gite or a cottage in the South of France. Or on a yacht - either one is good for me! :lol:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Take me !! I don't take up much room and I do ironing !! :mrgreen:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

diamond lil wrote:Take me !! I don't take up much room and I do ironing !! :mrgreen:
You can be the housekeeper my yacht Lil - head honcho and all that. I'll need someone to keep the crew in order!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Oh god I don't want to be a boss, let Scoobie or CC be the boss. I'll be the housekeeping dept. 8-)
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

diamond lil wrote:Oh god I don't want to be a boss, let Scoobie or CC be the boss. I'll be the housekeeping dept. 8-)
No it'll be fine. You'll get to go offshore in the dingy and get supplies for dinner while all the deckhands wash the deck down and do all the manual labour :D
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

8-) 8-) 8-) Ok. I think I can do that...