y,all like scotland what about....

Homes and Retreats
diamond lil

Re: y,all like scotland what about....

Post by diamond lil »

Some bloody good things came from England though...... says Lil chomping her way through a massive Costco chelsea bun ! :twisted:
Brambles, my son was brought up in a tiny village school with 20 kids, 4 in his class. He was known as the specky four eyed git who canny play rugby :mrgreen:
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The weather is better in England, no denying that! :lol:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

The speccy four-eyed git wasn't the problem Lil' he's been four-eyes since a lad :D . Being beaten up for having an English accent and racially abused was. Being forced out of your home is upsetting to put it mildy.,
I have no problem with you defending your homeland RD. I do the same. But the problem you seem to think is worthy of a rant is not caused exclusivley by English people, the way you have written, us English are the cause of all your woes. Maybe it's the way you have expressed yourself, but It does read that way.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Mods hat on....

We need to move on from this discussion. Racial abuse/bullying happens anywhere, whether english, scot, polish, irish traveller, a prepper etc etc. But this forum is not about that. Yes we may disagree over things, yes people may have experienced racism but we need to be discussing what the orginal post was.
If not then I will have to lock this post as it is degenerating into a slagging off... :roll:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Ok lets agree to disagree. Scots and English are chalk and cheese. Swap you one chelsea bun for one day's sunshine ? :mrgreen:
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

diamond lil wrote:Ok lets agree to disagree. Scots and English are chalk and cheese. Swap you one chelsea bun for one day's sunshine ? :mrgreen:
Lil is a lovely day here today and I would love a chelsea bun with my cuppa.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Blardy damp and foggy, to make matters worse...... no sticky buns! :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Is gorgeous here, bright sun and 8C. Midges are out!
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

So back onto the original subject, what this whole thread illustrates is that people wherever they live can be quite insular (before anyone gets upset i dont mean that in an offensive way :lol: ), not just with other nationalities but also with people of the same nationality who come from a different area. The reasons for it are irrelevant from a prepping point of view but the fact that it exists is relevant.

My point being that if the problem exists now in relatively good times it will be a hell of a lot worse if ts ever hits tf....and that is worth knowing when deciding on which area to move to for that dream smallholding or isolated cottage, whether it is in Scotland, the West Country, or Timbuktu
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Good point carrot cruncher.