Netflix Prepper's Documentary

Homes and Retreats
Plymtom

Re: Netflix Prepper's Documentary

Post by Plymtom »

OK watched episode one, a very well prepared couple, they'll do well if left alone, number two was OK I suppose, and I do like number three, on four now :)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
mightymayesy

Post by mightymayesy »

I feel responsible for ruining your Easter weekend lol!
Plymtom wrote:OK watched episode one, a very well prepared couple, they'll do well if left alone, number two was OK I suppose, and I do like number three, on four now :)
Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies.

Prepping Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ukpreppershtf/
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

I'm diabetic and pagan no chocolate no gods, Easter's just another day to me :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
mightymayesy

Post by mightymayesy »

Is wine and cheese allowed?
Nothing better for me when binge watching something :)
Plymtom wrote:I'm diabetic and pagan no chocolate no gods, Easter's just another day to me :lol:

Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

I'm on number six now.... hate wine and have to watch my weight so not too much cheese lol cooked a roast today though 4 out of 5 clean plates :)
mightymayesy

Post by mightymayesy »

Wine is important to me. Just ask Virgin Wines.

But seriously - you rate the series?

Personally, I reaffirmed, after questioning myself on the likes of preppers in episode 1, that I am only prepping for 90 days all in. Anything else, from my perspective, seems too remote to plan for. I will reassess at 90 days though.

MM
Plymtom wrote:I'm on number six now.... hate wine and have to watch my weight so not too much cheese lol cooked a roast today though 4 out of 5 clean plates :)

Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

mightymayesy wrote:But seriously - you rate the series?
Thus far (seven) there are things which grate with me but that's nothing to do with prepping, it's much better than doomsday preppers which like an awful lot of reality TV actually looks at making the participants look foolish as a goal.

We have to remember it is a different ball game over here, asides from Scotland getting away from other people isn't that easy, they still have space and much more freedom (in some ways) than us, am I enjoying it yes I wouldn't have gotten past two episodes if I wasn't ;)
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

Plymtom wrote:
mightymayesy wrote:But seriously - you rate the series?
Thus far (seven) there are things which grate with me but that's nothing to do with prepping, it's much better than doomsday preppers which like an awful lot of reality TV actually looks at making the participants look foolish as a goal.

We have to remember it is a different ball game over here, asides from Scotland getting away from other people isn't that easy, they still have space and much more freedom (in some ways) than us, am I enjoying it yes I wouldn't have gotten past two episodes if I wasn't ;)
I like the change in attitude too. I think it is probably the only 'prepper' themed programme I have seen that is actually balanced and doesn't try to make the participants out to be nut jobs. The host, for example, seems to be rather positive ans supportive of what they're doing.

I like these kind of shows too because no matter how well prepared you think you are they always make you think about things differently and give you new ideas.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

The last one was a bit commercial, bunker business and shop, never the less they touched on disaster preparedness, which after all they have damn good cause over there to take seriously, the rise in popularity of prepping/ self reliance will make stuff cheaper, that's a bonus, this series is a documentary rather than the piss take Nat geo made of it, I don't like to be a critic TBH but "reality" TV so deserves it, real and honest are so often way down the list, like newspapers they tend to want to mould opinion, lead the audience to conclusions about the participants and stage manage the whole thing, not Netflix on this occasion, and in general Netflix does seem to want to serve it's audience rather than shape it, Bravo Netfix :D
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Just watched the first one, I liked that, its my ideal scenario, they seemed to focus on EMP quite a lot which while a possibility is still unlikely but maybe gives it more of a prepper aspect.

The second one just seems like some 'good ol boys' playing guns and stuff. Some useful bushcraft stuff but its just some boys with guns making money off of boys with guns.