Netflix Prepper's Documentary

Homes and Retreats
MBJ

Re: Netflix Prepper's Documentary

Post by MBJ »

Deeps wrote:Just watched the first one, I liked that, its my ideal scenario, they seemed to focus on EMP quite a lot which while a possibility is still unlikely but maybe gives it more of a prepper aspect.

The second one just seems like some 'good ol boys' playing guns and stuff. Some useful bushcraft stuff but its just some boys with guns making money off of boys with guns.
I think if you prep for an EMP + your normal survival needs then you're pretty much covered for most things, although I too think an EMP is unlikely to happen.

I got the same feeling about the second episode. There seemed to be way too much emphasis on guns and tactics rather than actual survival, and what survival there was seemed unnecessary; drinking out of a hole you just dug? Why not collect the water and boil it?

Thankfully the other episodes are less gun centric. I think my favourite episodes have to be the first and the last, the final guy was very level headed and had a great off the grid setup that still had all the modern conveniences.
Last edited by MBJ on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I've just started watching the last one now. The second one was probably my least favourite, I liked the German lad up the mountain, I think they're all pushed down the "I'll defend my property" route to appeal to American preppers, the German lad didn't really seem the type.

There's some aspirational stuff like the bunker but as has been said the series seems more 'prepper friendly' than most the other ones I've seen. I don't know if anyone knows but the presenter was in the Navy Seals, you'd think he'd have mentioned it. :lol:
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Deeps wrote:I've just started watching the last one now. The second one was probably my least favourite, I liked the German lad up the mountain, I think they're all pushed down the "I'll defend my property" route to appeal to American preppers, the German lad didn't really seem the type.

There's some aspirational stuff like the bunker but as has been said the series seems more 'prepper friendly' than most the other ones I've seen. I don't know if anyone knows but the presenter was in the Navy Seals, you'd think he'd have mentioned it. :lol:
He may have mentioned it once.... ;) , all I could see were his boobs, her indoors drew my attention to them and after that I couldn't take him seriously. (not that I was before if I'm honest) she also said he walked like John Wayne, maybe Wayne was a seal as well? I know he was a Green Beret, I saw the film.
mightymayesy

Post by mightymayesy »

I forget what episode it was - perhaps three.
The couple with a house surrounded my woods.
Really struck home the physical intensity of going off grid.
Working out in anticipation of SHTF should be part of Preps... even if not going off grid to that extent in my opinion.
MM
Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies.

Prepping Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ukpreppershtf/