CCTV Signs

Homes and Retreats
mightymayesy

Re: CCTV Signs

Post by mightymayesy »

It's so hard to legislate for...
We want to keep out scum and / or uninvited guests but in reality i'm hoping no one wants to see a child hurt... I would / am happily now forgoing some security measures in aid of wider safety for some non-ill intended uninvited guests.
I guess we have it as good as we can in the UK with our houses built the way they are and gardens backing on to gardens etc.
Definitely made me think. Perspective.
For example, if i knew I had a small child next to me, I wouldn't have my dog free running. Dogs cannot be trusted in my opinion. Especially my big territorial alpha German Shepherd.
Likewise, if somebody was keeping a dangerous dog (as per the Dangerous Dogs Act update we are discussing - my GSD is not dangerous but still falls under the act) next to me - knowing rightly or wrongly that little boys will be boys - it would need to be dealt with. Yes, I know, controversial but that is why we have due process!
MM

jansman wrote:
Plymtom wrote:
jansman wrote:We have a little lad next door who is football mad.The ball comes over and he jumps over after it.He comes over in my veg garden usually,as that is low fenced/hedged with espalier fruit trees.I have told him not to,blocked the gaps and told him again!.There is no way I can put 6' fencing all the way up 200+ feet of garden!

My main reason for being a grumpy old man about it is our dog.I KNOW,that if our dog went anywhere near the boy,his mother would kick off/sue.And the dog would suffer as a result.Got to be so careful.The idea that its your property is a joke.

Has the kid got any allergies? you could plant stuff he hates or train a dog to kill footballs.
I wish! My Wife is a teacher,and is SO aware of safeguard issues.Me? I would cane the little sod,as he is mardy,horrible and foulmouthed for a six year old.Mind you,dad is a big thick gym bunny,and she is a real blonde bimbo.

I'll stop,as I am going into a rage! :lol:
Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies.

Prepping Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ukpreppershtf/
yorkshirewolf

Re: CCTV Signs

Post by yorkshirewolf »

mightymayesy wrote: if somebody was keeping a dangerous dog (as per the Dangerous Dogs Act update we are discussing - my GSD is not dangerous but still falls under the act)
ALL dogs are covered by the dangerous dogs act, there are four breeds which are banned:

Dogo Argentino
Fila Brasiliero
Japanese Tosa
American Pit-Bull

These dogs can only be owned under very strict circumstances, but of course, they are available, either as pure breeds or cross bred- which isn't banned.

The more current law is the 'Dogs dangerously out of control in a public place' which came in 2014, this covers a lot of ground and is one big legal grey area:

Section 3 of the Act applies to every single dog owner in England and Wales. Under this section, it is a criminal offence for the person in charge of the dog to allow it to be ‘dangerously out of control’ in a public place.

A dog doesn't have to bite to be deemed dangerous in the eyes of the law

Generally if a dog bites a person, it will be presumed to have been ‘dangerously out of control’, however even if the dog does not bite, but gives the person grounds to feel that the dog may injure them, the law still applies.

Under the new laws a public place is anywhere the public have access to, INCLUDING YOUR GARDEN. but thankfully not inside the house/home. so technically if someone comes over your ten foot high fence and the dog bites them, legally you're in trouble.
But it will depend on the scenario, if next doors lad comes over to get his ball and the dog bites him, it doesn't look good, but if it's a burglar known to the police, i would imagine most people and police would say he deserved it.
Of course there are extenuating circumstances too, perhaps the young lad kicked the dog or provoked it? maybe you've seen him throwing stones at the dog tormenting it? that would have a big effect on how the dog behaves.
Just like a person who is known to the police could be innocent and running from a gang of muggers and it's just bad luck that he jumped into a garden with a dog.

Whatever happens, make sure your knowledge of the law is good, consider the circumstances, and get your story straight before you get a knock at the door.

For full details of the laws read here: http://www.nawt.org.uk/advice/changes-d ... ice-owners