Security and CCTV

Homes and Retreats
jansman

Re: Security and CCTV

Post by jansman »

The alarm thing works,we have one,external and internal.Problem is,when it goes off,they are already in,and it scares them off AFTER damage is done!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Plymtom

Re: Security and CCTV

Post by Plymtom »

jansman wrote:The alarm thing works,we have one,external and internal.Problem is,when it goes off,they are already in,and it scares them off AFTER damage is done!
Shock sensors on all external ground level doors and windows including the shed, upstairs too if you go out alot, that's how I've always done it, yes if they are in and they move around internal sensors will pick them up, but whenever it has gone off I can see on the panel ( I have keypad one up and one downstairs) where they are trying to gain entry, the lights will have already come on, and I will ( blurry eyed ) be making my way to the area in short order, if its' under our bedroom I've seen a clean pair of heels before because the window is so close to our bed that I can't resist looking before I head to the panel.

I think the other half may be warming to the idea of CCTV a little, I was speaking of these threads last night.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.