Hidden Home Storage (Ideal hidden spots)

Homes and Retreats

Re: Hidden Home Storage (Ideal hidden spots)

Post by 90. »

I've got a few floor safe's I've made myself they sit in the void between floor joists and screw into the joist on either side from the inside so cannot be removed when shut, one is in the bottom of a built-in wardrobe - nice and easy to find and full of "crap" a few quid and family docs etc another is not easy to get at and requires furniture to be moved and a third in the loft ;-)

but I leave my most prized possession, a vintage omga seamaster 600 watch passed to me by my old man on a dresser in the bedroom..doh.!
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

I've used the technique when trying to get funding for supplies and stuff. I'll always put one big ticket ridiculous item that I know I'm not going to get in a million years so the person reviewing it can deny the request and feel like they've done their job. They then approve the item that you actually wanted in the first place.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

MBJ wrote:I've used the technique when trying to get funding for supplies and stuff. I'll always put one big ticket ridiculous item that I know I'm not going to get in a million years so the person reviewing it can deny the request and feel like they've done their job. They then approve the item that you actually wanted in the first place.
Thats a bit like the old reporter's trick of leaving something for the Editor to change or correct, because he's more likely to print (and therefore pay for) the article he's "Worked" on.

I must organise a decoy cash-stash so the scumbags stop looking.

I have an attic room with a pitched ceiling and short walls, on both sides there are access hatches and I'm thinking of putting shelves on the outside of the walls in the roof void
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Catswhiskers

Post by Catswhiskers »

When we moved here, it was a single storey. We added a two storey extension meaning that the old gable wall was now abutting the first landing of the staircase .(the living room goes right up to the rafters with a bedroom overlooking it) On the landing we knocked a hole into the roof space of the old building and fitted a good sized window at knee height, opening inward. It gives a good storage space and is hidden behind a large picture.