Bugging-in Boredom blasted away by brilliant Boardgames

Homes and Retreats
sethorly

Re: Bugging-in Boredom blasted away by brilliant Boardgames

Post by sethorly »

Game design has come on an awful long way since Risk etc. I recommend trying some of the newer ones, especially if you are part of a family or other social group.

The luck element of Talisman can be reduced by house ruling that you roll 2 dice for movement rather than 1 die, and the player gets to pick which of those dice he uses for movement. You can do this for a lot of the older style luck-based games.

I hadn't thought of D&D. I did get the new starter pack but the kids were a bit young so I shelved it for another day. In a SHTF world they could role-play living in a fantasy world of offices and commutes and supermarkets :lol:
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Another vote for Colditz, and Trivial pursuit, I didn't mind Cluedo or Monopoly. That said I've only actually got Trivial pursuit and playing cards here.
Mortblanc

Post by Mortblanc »

You people really know how to knock a good survival related thread, as few as appear here, off the rails.
womble

Post by womble »

Mortblanc wrote:You people really know how to knock a good survival related thread, as few as appear here, off the rails.
You think it's off the rails to recommend games with high replayability to extend their boredom-beating properties, over games that get samey very quickly (and involve, often, the serial elimination of players from the game, leaving them with nothing to do), in a thread that covers the valid theme of beating boredom using games?
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

It's certainly opened my eyes a bit . I never knew biggest part of these games even exsisted. We have monopoly which tended to come out as a Christmas tradition but that's about it. I'll have to talk to my friend's step son next time he comes home . He currently lives in London and is a great fan of board games and regularly buys new ones and plays in "gaming cafes".
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Cards Against Humanity?

:lol:

Read the reviews on amazon....

eg
Absolutely filthy, rude and the funniest card game I've played in a long time. It's a naughty version of Blankety Blank that will have you and your friends in stitches.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cards-Against- ... umanity+uk

Just dont pull it out and get the children playing it... Or anyone who is easily offended... Passed many a long evening away with a group of friends (more the better)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

grenfell wrote:It's certainly opened my eyes a bit . I never knew biggest part of these games even exsisted. We have monopoly which tended to come out as a Christmas tradition but that's about it. I'll have to talk to my friend's step son next time he comes home . He currently lives in London and is a great fan of board games and regularly buys new ones and plays in "gaming cafes".
Thats a new one on me. I need to get out more.....
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

They were a new one on me too. If I remember correctly he lives somewhere near Greenwich not that I even know where in London that is so I don't know the name of the cafe he uses but a quick google brings up this which I suppose must be the sort of place ,
http://www.draughtslondon.com/
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Well you live and learn. Thanks for the link mate. Makes me wonder what else is our there....
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

sniper 55 wrote:Well you live and learn. Thanks for the link mate. Makes me wonder what else is our there....
Is there a gap in the market for a prepper bar ???? The Paracorded Arms. :lol: