3rd most important prep for bugging in after food and water?

Homes and Retreats
grenfell

Re: 3rd most important prep for bugging in after food and wa

Post by grenfell »

poppypiesdad wrote:Toilet roll.
Yorkshire Andy wrote:Cats fur is lovely and soft.
I'll let you fill in the rest :D
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Warm clothes!
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

grenfell wrote:
poppypiesdad wrote:Toilet roll.
Yorkshire Andy wrote:Cats fur is lovely and soft.
I'll let you fill in the rest :D

You are a bad man :lol: :lol: .....funny, but a bad man :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
bobble

Post by bobble »

Assuming you have already got a shelter that you are bugging into then i'd say the 3rd thing on my list would be"making a plan". Perhaps setting out some form of daily routine? I reckon if shtf it would be really easy to "flap" or bury your (my!) head and do nowt. Its like everyone prepares to get to retirement age and retire, but not many people prepare FOR retirement.
PreparedKent

Post by PreparedKent »

bobble wrote:Assuming you have already got a shelter that you are bugging into then i'd say the 3rd thing on my list would be"making a plan". Perhaps setting out some form of daily routine? I reckon if shtf it would be really easy to "flap" or bury your (my!) head and do nowt. Its like everyone prepares to get to retirement age and retire, but not many people prepare FOR retirement.
Good comment :D
piglet

Post by piglet »

bobble wrote:not many people prepare FOR retirement.
That is almost exclusively all I prepare for. Because even with pensions, I still wont have as much money to live on as I do now.
With a handful of years yet to go, I am paying off the mortgage as fast as possible, so that I can then start putting money away to spend on whatever seems necessary, as and when. I don't much care for just leaving money in the bank.

I already have boxes of items that I normally use regularly, stored, that don't have 'use by' dates.
Some of those items I will probably never have to buy again in my lifetime. (the cost of some of them have trebled in price since I bought them, and will probably treble again long before I need them)

I have lots of tools and devices to help make my life easier later on.
And a whole shed load of simple plans/ideas/projects, that I hope to put into practice when the time comes.

I have more interests that you can wave several sticks at simultaneously, and am currently working on ways to 'increase my range of opportunities' .... so to speak.

Retirement...bring it on, I definitely need the free time, and I am certainly looking forward to the challenges.
ain't settlin'
piglet

Post by piglet »

Oh, and the third thing ……..

I agree ‘a plan’
And a plan B, C and D
Maybe an E
If not a plan…then at least a reality check.

Failing all that...a good sense of humour.
ain't settlin'
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Medicines & First Aid kit!

'Specially antibiotics if I can get my hands on them. But even a bottle of antiseptic could save your life if you get a scratch!
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Soap, eyeliner, lipgloss and perfume. If I'm going to be shot down by zombies I might as well smell nice and have great hair flowing in the wind. Good enough for Sarah Connor in Terninator, good enough for me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Mad Scientist wrote:Soap, eyeliner, lipgloss and perfume. If I'm going to be shot down by zombies I might as well smell nice and have great hair flowing in the wind. Good enough for Sarah Connor in Terninator, good enough for me.
Very off topic but here goes (old joke)....

Q.Why do women wear make up and perfume ???

A. They're ugly and they smell. :o

FWIW, I have plenty of soap and razor blades pockled away, it'll be all about appearances after the zombie apocalypse. :D