Home invasion

Homes and Retreats
Deep Thinker

Re: Home invasion

Post by Deep Thinker »

This also applies on your own property. Not really in the house, but in the garden, so if for example, your dog jumped up at the fence and barked at the neighbour, technically they could complain and you'd be in for a warning.

It is also relevant if your dog bites someone in your own garden.

Get the dog to drag them into the house from the garden. :lol:
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

sniper 55 wrote:The new law was needed, it was a shambles before really, so many people had dangerous dogs and people were getting chewed and nothing would happen, the old "rule" that a dog had to bite twice (not true really) but even the police would quote it.
Where I lived before was a lane, people walking down it were getting bitten all the time by dogs from one place, police never did anything untill a child was badly mauled, too late then.
I agree something had to be done, but bringing in badly worded laws which affect all dog owners, when the problem is only caused by a small majority is a bit unnecessary, surely mandatory training/education, along with seizure of dogs and targeted punishments for offenders would have been better?

Personally i think dog licenses should be brought back, but all owners should have to undertake mandatory training or show good knowledge of canine care and behaviour to get one, but thats another topic alltogether.

As far as home invasion, people will do as they see fit, i was just making people aware of the changes, i'd hate to read about someone having to have their dog destroyed because they'd bitten a burglar and hadn't conformed to the legal wording or boundaries in law.
Deep Thinker

Post by Deep Thinker »

Bottom line for me really is that if they appear and no good reason ,then you do not know what they are going to do and they are not there to ask directions,
problem with the laws in this country sometimes .If believe I or family are under threat will do what I can .
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Deep Thinker wrote:Bottom line for me really is that if they appear and no good reason ,then you do not know what they are going to do and they are not there to ask directions,
problem with the laws in this country sometimes .If believe I or family are under threat will do what I can .

just stand at the top of the stairs butt naked clutching a tube of KY jelly. asking who ever appears at the bottom of the stairs if they are looking for a good time :mrgreen: :o
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
Deep Thinker wrote:Bottom line for me really is that if they appear and no good reason ,then you do not know what they are going to do and they are not there to ask directions,

just stand at the top of the stairs butt naked clutching a tube of KY jelly. asking who ever appears at the bottom of the stairs if they are looking for a good time :mrgreen: :o
Hmmm... I'm not totally convinced thats a good plan.. If that goes wrong it's gone wrong in a BIG way... :lol:
Deep Thinker

Post by Deep Thinker »

It's not the KY that is the deterent it will be the vets shoulder length gloves .Not a pretty image. :lol:
Sorry moderators
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Deep Thinker wrote:It's not the KY that is the deterent it will be the vets shoulder length gloves .Not a pretty image. :lol:
Sorry moderators
Yeah, that would work. :lol:
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Never mind the KY jelly , I want some of these ,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQDy-5IQvuU
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

grenfell wrote:Never mind the KY jelly , I want some of these ,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQDy-5IQvuU
To be honest they way the conversation had gone I was half afraid to look at the video... :lol:
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

I'll throw this into the mix

With poppers ?

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.