Living in a van/campervan all the time.

Homes and Retreats
sniper 55

Re: Living in a van/campervan all the time.

Post by sniper 55 »

A mate with a caravan swears by a dehumidifier, he used to get loads of water out of his (static) caravan, now I don't know anything about dehumidifiers so I don't know if they'll run of a genny or inverter. My mate had mains so no problems. Just a thought.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Thinking of a woodburner in winter if this living in a van happens, in the winter, that should keep the damp out and hopefully able to heat some food up with it.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

DustyDog wrote:Thinking of a woodburner in winter if this living in a van happens, in the winter, that should keep the damp out and hopefully able to heat some food up with it.
Going by some of your posts in other threads I'd assumed the move to the van was at least on hold. I hope things are good with you mate.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Aye, just for now, things still up in the air at the moment thanks.

Post by 90. »

hopefully your situation will sort itself out, however to answer your question I've converted a vw T5 van into a camper and would have no problems living it in year round, we have lived in it a couple of months at a time when we travelled on holidays.
I fitted a webasto heater that keeps us toasty in the winter and no condensation issues, however no shower and no toilet means you would have to use a portapotti & toilet tent or a Mc piss with lies. ;-).
On one of the VW forums there was a guy living in his T5 while he worked in London, he sited the van on a farmers field and cycled/tubed into work and saved himself a small fortune in rent.

However if it was me I'd buy a small caravan, easy to tow & site and already fitted out - the fridge in my van cost £500 I've been offered caravans for less than that.

regards
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Have looked at Mercedes sprinter's, they seem to be popular and have a good long wheel base, also it seems Iveco are slightly wider but i'm not sure of the prices, etc. Still waiting to see if all this comes off, it's all out of my hands at the mo. Thanks for all support.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

You've only hinted about your situation mate but I hope things get sorted with you mate. Good luck with the wagon.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Ivecos can be huge! There was a big one part converted on ebay at £500, looks pretty decent at a cursory glance.
Have got no idea where you might be going too, but remember pre Euro 4 diesel commercial based vehicles are basically banned from within the M25 unless you want to pay about £200 a day....
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Thanks for the heads up, but wont be going anywhere near London, i'm a Northern guy, the thing with the Iveco's is that you can if you want put a full size double bed across the back, me being 5.11 i can stretch out, as before things are still up in the air, i'm still in Limbo, thanks for all your support.