Stop the London fog in my kitchen?

Homes and Retreats
MissAnpassad

Re: Stop the London fog in my kitchen?

Post by MissAnpassad »

How fast does thoose move?
junmist wrote:Could you not get the builders back and see if they can fix it. Besides the open window they only thing I can say is to take the wall paper down where it is the worst affected and tile the wall then you can just wipe it down when it gets wet.
The ad on was built before I moved here.
preparedsurrey wrote:The walls are wet due to them being colder so the steam will condense on them, more insulation may help, otherwise you will need to rely on mechanical ventilation
It happens during hot summers days as well.
sniper 55 wrote:I find having the lid on the pan and turning the heat down once it comes to the boil makes a big difference, I'd also check your not over boiling stuff, I have a dear friend who boils spuds for about an hour, they only need about 20 minutes-ish really, her kitchens usually full of steam, yet when I cook there it's fine.
I don't overboil and this even happens when I bake bread.
filsgreen wrote:I would go for a powered unit Miss, Vent-Axia are well known in the UK.

http://www.vent-axia.com/range/domestic ... 5D=Kitchen

Phil
Im still hoping on a off grid solution, like a wind-up fan or something.

After a lot of googleing, i've found a portable bathroom fan, is it safe to put over the ranger? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-100mm-6-150 ... 9#shpCntId
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

I haven't made bread for years, but if I remember rightly there isn't a whole lot of water in it to start with 300ml maybe? If your walls are running wet I'm wondering if it's coming from elsewhere as well as the cooking. How new is the kitchen? It's not damp coming out of the walls?
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

MissAnpassad wrote:
How fast does thoose move?
No idea, maybe look on the manufacturers website.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon