hideaway spots in Nottinghamshire??

Homes and Retreats
M4rc8531

hideaway spots in Nottinghamshire??

Post by M4rc8531 »

Not lived in Nottinghamshire (Warsop) for long and was wondering if anyone knew of any woodland in Nottinghamshire thats accessible without too much of a hike and that will allow me to build a long term shelter for when SHTF, i've also narked on a map somewhere where I know has an abundance of deer/food but I think the mad rush will cause people to go there thus making me a target.
unsure

Re: hideaway spots in Nottinghamshire??

Post by unsure »

as you sy , any were you know aboutr , theres a very good chance some one else does as well and like you say , that makes you a target as well . far better to think about growing your own and getting your supplies in while you can , a better option to just grabbing your gun and going looking for dinner .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
M4rc8531

Post by M4rc8531 »

Sadly because of UK law guns is a no no :( just make do with my infinate paracord and my knifes lol also was thinking of building a little sniper post/ den as where I usually go to walk me dogs, there a field full of gamey birds, *evil grin* so when SHTF n the immigrants become nazis i'll be cooped up in my shack eating my partridge lol
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

I think you'll be struggling to find anywhere, I used to live that way and when we were younger we pretty much went through all the 'hidden' places, the remotest you could get was usually in a wood with the only access up one of the old railway lines or via fields. Now most of the old railways are cycle tracks and you would be lucky to go an hour without meeting anyone.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
M4rc8531

Post by M4rc8531 »

True prepared, where I am it's about 3 mile from sherwood forest, and about the same to sherwood pines, but it's like mentioned previously it's hard to find somewhere where no one will find you, as the woodland round here aint "deep" enough to conceal anything. (god damn Google earth) :(
Legiopatrianostra

Post by Legiopatrianostra »

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'll just say that I live in the Nottingham area and am interested in suck woods as well as caves and mines.

Look forward to hearing something.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Have a look around the area we used to call "The Desert" used to be a big sand quarry in the middle of the woods with disused railway lines running in and out. It was along what I think used to be a byway known as The Ekring road. Might have all changed by now though - we used to go down with motorbikes and 4wds but it looked like a scene from the apocolypse last time I went down with loads of burned out vehicles :(
omega man

Post by omega man »

It's very weird to read you guys talking of these places, places so familiar/local to me.. guess that's the reason I decided to add to the post -'very obvious places to anyone in the notts area, so I guess not really suitable for any kind of discreet or covert activities :cry:

I have one local area in mind close by but i'll be keeping that to myself :lol: sometimes in plain sight is the best place to hide!

OM
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Middle of the Major Oak? :)
omega man

Post by omega man »

preparedsurrey wrote:Middle of the Major Oak? :)
busted :roll: