Dream Home/Retreat/BOL

Homes and Retreats
bommerpaul

Re: Dream Home/Retreat/BOL

Post by bommerpaul »

Has anyone in the group ever thought of all getting together to buy some land somewhere in the highlands, so each can have their very plot as a retreat or even main residence, you can by forests in isolated places up there quite cheap if it were divided between a few people
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

The subject does crop up from time to time paul but to be honest it is generally in a light hearted way. The practicalities of it don't really add up for the majority of people.....for a start I know what MrsCC's reply would be if I suggested living with a bunch of prepper/survivalists ;)

Some groups do manage it in the UK but they tend to be doing it from an "eco" point of view rather than a prepping one
counsellor

Post by counsellor »

I have to say I would probably stay in the UK
The main reason is that we have one of the best growing climates and soils in the world
And that means a long term happy full belly
We also still have lot of natural resources coal, iron ore, some copper, many varieties wood etc etc without too many dangerous animals (except for people who can be a bit quick to turn) :x
southernPrepper

Post by southernPrepper »

I'd pretty much stay here as well. So far as I know we moved here just after the Ice Age and haven't left yet. Wouldn't feel right leaving grandpa's standing stones unattended :lol:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Well as far as I know - the Highlands are IN the uk ! :lol:
lone wolf

Post by lone wolf »

Im sure Scotland is part of the uk....!!!

Lone Wolf