"Impossible Builds" on More4

Homes and Retreats
Deeps

Re: "Impossible Builds" on More4

Post by Deeps » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:49 pm

Just watched the second one, seemed a 'nicer' house and again, what a stunning view although no mention of how far to pop out for a pint of milk. ;)

peejay

Post by peejay » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Well I doubt they'll be taking a stroll to the local shop anyway...

peejay

Post by peejay » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:16 pm

The latest build is looking more like it from a sizing perspective. Polish company building the house this time - actually have quite a nice looking range of house designs available for what seems like quite sensible prices... https://www.dan-wood.co.uk

Deeps

Post by Deeps » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:23 pm

peejay wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:16 pm
The latest build is looking more like it from a sizing perspective. Polish company building the house this time - actually have quite a nice looking range of house designs available for what seems like quite sensible prices... https://www.dan-wood.co.uk
I dare not look, I fancied doing the home build thing a while back (still fancy it) but Her Maj went from liking the idea to being against it when I started pushing to make it happen.

peejay

Post by peejay » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:21 pm

I'd love to do a self/custom-build. I can't stand the modern new-builds - comparatively small & on postage-stamp plots with everyone overlooking each other. :-/

Ara

Post by Ara » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:04 am

Since my dad infected me with the disease back in the 70s I have wanted to design and build my own home. Trouble is, when I costed it some time ago I realised that for the price of where I was living, I wouldn't get anything bigger and it would be on a smaller plot. Some plots came up recently near where my sons live but you could buy a house there for the price of the plots. They all sold really quickly, nevertheless. From time to time I contemplate buying a new build - well insulated and easier and cheaper to heat than our stone built Victorian farmhouse but as you say, Peejay, overlooked postage stamp plots.