New house = new preps

Homes and Retreats
bettersafethansorry

New house = new preps

Post by bettersafethansorry »

Ok so ive got a new house coming so my hard work on my prep room now has to be stripped down and i have to fit out a large ex-airing cupboard.

Anyone got any space saving ideas or images of there cupboards so i can be inspired for this.

other preps will include outdoor BBQ/Oven im going to try and find plans for to build myself.

-M
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
junmist

Re: New house = new preps

Post by junmist »

Depends on how big the cupboard is to be turefull, but I would put up shelves as if it was a larder so you have shelves on three walls not just on one wall, also don't make the shelves to deep or you lose stuff on them, and don't forget that you can use the doors either with small shelves or hooks. Sorry I'm not cleaver enough to do pictures on here so can't show you any.
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

bettersafethansorry wrote:.....other preps will include outdoor BBQ/Oven im going to try and find plans for to build myself.

-M
This help?
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3832
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
bettersafethansorry

Cheers for that. been crawling the interweb and i think im gonna go for brick BBQ/Smoker with an italian style brick pizza oven on the side.

-M
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Sir Winston Churchill
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

I would suggest shelving the three walls as said before , but put everything in plastic storage crates with lids , and then you can mark the boxes with contents /expire dates and then everything is to hand and boxed if you got to go

I would also hang a fabric over the front of your shelves so that if someone is having a nose all the can see is the covering .
J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
bettersafethansorry

I like the fabric idea. I was thinking as its quite large doing this and leaving about 1 ft gap from sock to door where we have put the hoover etc so looks like small cleaning cupboard.

Tbh with the nature of some of my preps and having kids in the house the first job will be a secure lock on the door anyway so don't think that will be an issue.

Outdoor smoker/ oven is defiantly on the cards but restocking my used preps is priority one.

-M
- Sir Winston Churchill
bettersafethansorry

Ok So I'm In.

House holds heat amazingly. heavy fire doors etc.

My cupboard has started. Needs shelving properly but in mean time mrs had one of those naff canvas wardrobes. (this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 560970.htm )
and she now has a walk in wardrobe so i was able to savage this in to some temp shelving till i can get round to doing it.

Need a prep idea for legal/Friendly yard security, The side that is out to the public footpath and tree's etc has one of those manly council walls and from the public access site is very very easy to climb over. (like this http://fpmccann.co.uk/sites/all/themes/ ... l3-web.jpg )

How can i make this secure without coiled razor wire as mrs doesn't like that idea... Must be secure, visually pleasing, child and muggy friendly.

Ideas?
- Sir Winston Churchill
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

bettersafethansorry wrote:Ok So I'm In.

Need a prep idea for legal/Friendly yard security, The side that is out to the public footpath and tree's etc has one of those manly council walls and from the public access site is very very easy to climb over. (like this http://fpmccann.co.uk/sites/all/themes/ ... l3-web.jpg )

How can i make this secure without coiled razor wire as mrs doesn't like that idea... Must be secure, visually pleasing, child and muggy friendly.

Ideas?
Anti-climb paint or even a thick heavy layer of grease on top of the wall will be enough to keep all but the most determined out.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Coo-Var-Vandale ... g/p/228170
bettersafethansorry

I should Note I have seen hobo's post now and got a few idea's. sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks for the reply tho Dev

-M
- Sir Winston Churchill
Maria89

Post by Maria89 »

Have you got a dog? If not you could still put a guard dog on duty sign up as it might deter someone. But they sell that anti vandal paint so that might help also. Also with your storage solutions have you seen those canvas/plastic hangers on the back of doors? For like shoes and odd bits they're pretty flat so you could maybe store a few bits in what would be wasted space :-)