CERT - Link to download of course materials

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Carrot Cruncher

CERT - Link to download of course materials

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

I came across this site the other day http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/traini ... htm#CERTSM .

From a quick look it looks like all the course material is there on the link for both Instructors and Participants of the course. I have only downloaded one of the sections to check it out and it seems fine. I came across CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) when I read Neil Straus's book "Emergency". CERT is US based so a lot will not be relevant but there appears to be a lot of stuff that would interest preppers this side of the pond. The files are all in both PDF and Word formats.

A couple of quotes about CERT from their Website
Following a major disaster, first responders who provide fire and medical services will not be able to meet the demand for these services. Factors as number of victims, communication failures, and road blockages will prevent people from accessing emergency services they have come to expect at a moment's notice through 911. People will have to rely on each other for help in order to meet their immediate life saving and life sustaining needs
First, present citizens the facts about what to expect following a major disaster in terms of immediate services. Second, give the message about their responsibility for mitigation and preparedness. Third, train them in needed life saving skills with emphasis on decision making skills, rescuer safety, and doing the greatest good for the greatest number. Fourth, organize teams so that they are an extension of first responder services offering immediate help to victims until professional services arrive.
CC
scoobie

Re: CERT - Link to download of course materials

Post by scoobie »

Nice find CC... as a side note, what did you make of the book?
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Carrot Cruncher

Re: CERT - Link to download of course materials

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

scoobie wrote:what did you make of the book?
I enjoyed it a lot, but must admit I started reading it with very low expectations after a couple of interviews he had done in the press, I was pleasantly surprised though. How much was true and how much was just to sell books I dont know but imo it's definitely worth reading