One second after by William r forstchen

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Dangerous Dave

One second after by William r forstchen

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I got this as an audiobook to listen to while I'm driving. Gives an amazing insight into what life would be like the next day, week, month and subsequent years if a country was hit by an EMP weapon. But I'd imagine a similar senario if there was a plague or such like hit the world and caused the infrastructure to break down. Gives you a lot to think about.
WhiteWolf

Re: One second after by William r forstchen

Post by WhiteWolf »

Great book, read it in one sitting I couldn't put it down

WW 8-)
Stray

Post by Stray »

Brilliant book, really enjoyed it.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas
Paul_H

Post by Paul_H »

currently reading this one but really should take it back the libary lol going to keep my eyes open for a copy for myself it really is a good read.

Do you have a link for the audio book I would be interested in that one
iceprep

Post by iceprep »

I have just finished reading this, I was expecting an amazing read, maybe learn something, having read some reviews. Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed. It was decent read but my expectations were for something a bit meatier.
sfcfinchrs

Post by sfcfinchrs »

While this book may not be a prize winning literary epic, it does however provide a context to EMP.

While the writer took a bit of poetic licence.

I usually encourage any friends or family I have to read this book to get a view of why we prep.

Just my thoughts.
I don't do politics or religion. Seen to many people die because of these.

I post to contribute so take as you see fit. My way is not the only way.

Cheers
Lanky Yankee

Post by Lanky Yankee »

Another really good emp book was lights out by David Crawford. Both of these books seem to really reinforce building community.
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

Just bought it so will give it a shot once I'm done with the current read, thanks
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
alwayscross

Post by alwayscross »

He is working on a second one right now, I think its called One Year After. Look forward to reading it, nice to read this book on the way home.
Morality is doing what's right, no matter what your told. Religion is doing what your told, no matter what is right.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Lanky Yankee wrote:Another really good emp book was lights out by David Crawford. Both of these books seem to really reinforce building community.
History tells us that community is key. Elastictrickery, oil, the internet and all the other lovely, lovely things that modern society bring allow us to pretty much do our own thing as long as we've got funds, no lecky etc and we'll need to rely on each other to accomplish tasks that we take for granted in our modern lives. Even if you're a builder it would be a tough time building a house for yourself and feeding your family. Even in a short term scenario, you might be the toughest ninja going with 10 years worth of supplies but you need to sleep at some point. Cooperation is man's way of surviving in difficult circumstances. I've banged on about it before but for the more likely situations that we prep for it might well be worth considering your 30 days of food for 4 people as 120 days worth of food, if that means sharing it with neighbours and calling it 10 days worth for 12 people then it might well be that sharing is your best option. You might find that your neighbour has more than both you and they thought too, not everyone except preppers have empty larders, they might have gaps in their provisions but this is where you might win friends for life.