Prepping app

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Deeps

Re: Prepping app

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
Deeps wrote:
Jamesey1981 wrote: My YouTube channel is monetised, I've made about two quid

#moneybags ;)
Drinks on Jamesey then. ;)
Yup, I've watched his vid's, he's made some coin off me, basically, Jamesey is 'da man' ripping off us poor downtrodden preppers. The least he owes us is a pint.... each, either that or a lot of straws. ;)
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Unless you're a YouTube red user then I haven't made any money off you, it shows about two ads a month on my channel!
Weirdly all of that has come from my EDC video, our American friends seem to like that one, I thought that one would be the least viewed when I made it, and since my EDC doesn't include a handgun I wouldn't think anyone in America would be interested!

Besides all that, google won't give me my money until I've made $100, so I'll make a deal with you, you fly to their head office and get the money and I'll split it with you, must be able to get some white cider for that, we can have half each but you'll have to bring your own vomit bucket.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jamesey1981 wrote:Unless you're a YouTube red user then I haven't made any money off you, it shows about two ads a month on my channel!
Weirdly all of that has come from my EDC video, our American friends seem to like that one, I thought that one would be the least viewed when I made it, and since my EDC doesn't include a handgun I wouldn't think anyone in America would be interested!

Besides all that, google won't give me my money until I've made $100, so I'll make a deal with you, you fly to their head office and get the money and I'll split it with you, must be able to get some white cider for that, we can have half each but you'll have to bring your own vomit bucket.
Your EDC vid is one I've watched a few times, picked up a few pointers too (cheers), I've recently buckled and got a couple of (I'm guessing) Maxpedition copies as I have all sorts rolling round my pockets if I'm unable to take a rucksack with me. Taking a rucksack full of preppery things to a football match is pretty much a no-no so I'm 'evolving' my pouches.

I've no idea what a Youtube 'red user' is though, but if you lend me the cash to fly out, I'll pay you back out of my half. :D
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

YouTube Red is a subscription service, you pay for it and you don't see ads and you get other benefits, it's not available in the uk yet, if a YouTube red user watches your video you get a tiny cut of the subscription based on how long they spent watching.

Glad you found the video helpful, one channel I found very handy when I was sorting out my kit was one called mezillch, he makes up lots of little kits, some useful and some just for the sake of it but he has some pretty good ideas so that's one to look at if you like that kind of thing.

Send me a western union account number and I'll wire you the money for your flight.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jamesey1981 wrote:YouTube Red is a subscription service, you pay for it and you don't see ads and you get other benefits, it's not available in the uk yet, if a YouTube red user watches your video you get a tiny cut of the subscription based on how long they spent watching.

Glad you found the video helpful, one channel I found very handy when I was sorting out my kit was one called mezillch, he makes up lots of little kits, some useful and some just for the sake of it but he has some pretty good ideas so that's one to look at if you like that kind of thing.

Send me a western union account number and I'll wire you the money for your flight.
A cheque works too, just saying. ;)

I'll check that guy out, thanks again mate.