New Urban Survival Course by trueways

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
pixie1111

New Urban Survival Course by trueways

Post by pixie1111 »

Hi Folks, I have been looking at a new 5 day Urban Survival course that Trueways is doing in Croatia and was wondering if anyone here has been on that course and whether it would be relevant here in the uk.

I am in no way connected to Trueways except for doing their 2 day urban course a few years ago.
dazthechippy

Re: New Urban Survival Course by trueways

Post by dazthechippy »

I looked at that one and it does seem pretty good, but my eye was drawn to the kids one..

my 8 year old daughter fancies going on that as we did a mini day similar to this last year but no overnight camp out, ok Walton on Thames is not really that remote but its pretty close, I expect its on private woodland or something like that, I'm tempted to book her in (and I get to go too,).

could be a great way to give her the next steps into self reliance and get her away from technology related things that all the other kids seem so immersed in.

has anyone out there got an opinion of Trueways ? - I've heard of them, not dealt with them though and don't know anyone who has been on one of their courses..

your thoughts appreciated...
pixie1111

Post by pixie1111 »

The 2 day course I did in Guildford was great and a very friendly group set up. The instructor was an ex-Met police counter-terrorism instructor / close protection officer who brought a new take on things especially the civil unrest situation as well as little tricks of the trade for when staying away and abroad. All in all they are the second best training provider I have come across over the years. Although the free survival tin they give out with their courses is cheap and tacky some things in there do work sometimes.
Chemistry

Post by Chemistry »

Booked onto a weekend Bushcraft course for October, probably be cold but hoping that it will be good fun!