Free Survivalist Fiction Heads Up

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
pseudonym

Free Survivalist Fiction Heads Up

Post by pseudonym »

Kindle Store have a load of Jerry D Young books for free today.

I'm up to 31 to date

I have 107 on PDF already, but polished in book form is better.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Re: Free Survivalist Fiction Heads Up

Post by jansman »

Thankyou...off to Amazon!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Found this site also:

http://www.freereadfeed.com/?t=all&q=jerry+young

Cannot guarantee this one compared to Amazon though. :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I missed the freebies :( but truthfully, I have nearly all of them anyway, from American Preppers Network: http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/ ... d27f5baabc

I really love Disaster in the Burbs!

His own website, linked from there, doesn't seem to be online any more, but his stories are still on the forum. And there's a separate subboard for other people apoca-fic, which I haven't looked at as much.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I've now got a lot of them.... Problem is I'm finding them very hard to tell apart.

They're 'Aspirational' as nearly all the lead characters seem to have bottomless budgets and seriously good luck on finding deals.

Not yet found a 'good-guy' who's not White, Christian and Hetrosexual

Also 'liberal' must mean something totally different over the Pond :?

Oh well, what do you expect for free?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Agreed! I liked Disaster in the Burbs partly because it focussed on a divorced woman (though also Christian, no premarital sex, blah blah) and I'm sure there was one with a Mexican couple living in a trailer 8-)

In general, not great characterisation, and while I don't have a problem with guns, reading pages and pages of numerals listing this, that and the other just makes me want to scroll right by, when I have no idea what they're on about (though I know that Noah Wyle, in his Steven Spielberg tv series, uses 50cal a lot :mrgreen: so I recognise that) but all very samey, yes :mrgreen:

Thinking of *free* fiction - check out if the kindle book "Arisen" is still on offer on kindle - its a 12 book series, and I ended up with about 8 of them, free for 48 hours or so. Zombies, alpha teams, v v military and then goes all existential by book 7 or so.

With some hunting, you can find amazingly good apoca fic written in the universes of various tv shows. I won't link because there's a *lot* of very steamy same-sex male pairings, and this stuff is mostly written by women for women. Search out Stargate apoca fic or fanfic, stuff like that, or include a character's name as well.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

If you fancy something different try The Deal by James L Grant (not to be confused with other similar titles.... Those seem to have naked male torsos on the covers) Here

Its a pre/post apoc. setting..... Like I said different.

Basically, imagine if you'd lived through the whole SHTF and survived the PAW and right near the end of your life someone offered you the chance of a one way ticket to your life 'Before'.... Would you take it?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar