Books to learn English from Arabic

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
Mich the common dude

Books to learn English from Arabic

Post by Mich the common dude »

Hello everyone!
I looking for best books to learn English for 6 years old Moroccan girl.
Will be much appreciate if You recommend me something.
Thank You very much!
Deeps

Re: Books to learn English from Arabic

Post by Deeps »

Hi Mich, welcome to UK Preppers, can you pop across to the 'Welcome' section and post an introduction.

Cheers
MissAnpassad

Post by MissAnpassad »

For kids that age, I would rather recommend letting her watch tv shows in english. I learned japanese and portuguese as a child by doing so. Unfortuanatly, as I didn´t use them, I forgot them almost totally.
Mich the common dude

We doing that aswell but I as we want to teache her proper English so she can easily cmmunicate I rather pick some books.
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

Rosetta Stone products are really good. Expensive, but you can sometimes get them cheaper second hand on eBay.

At that age, everything is soaking in so TV seriesis a really good way to bolster 'formal' learning.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Speak English with her, and get English-speaking friends round - her friends from school ideally, or befriend her classmates' parents so that she gets invited to their home. Don't just leave it to her school. Speaking and Listening comes before reading or writing.
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
Mich the common dude

The issue is that she is still in Morocco. I want to give her a Good start in school here.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Go to the local children's library, if you want books for her, see what the librarians recommend, and then find a place to buy them. Or go to a car boot sale or National Childbirth Nearly New sale (I'm assuming you're in the UK), check what's there, and buy the popular ones.

The other thing to do is go on youtube - do a search for "English language nursery rhymes" - have her singing along to them :)
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

There's an app called Duolingo, I'm using it to relearn French, used to speak it very well but didn't use it and forgot it all.
Have the app on my IPad, can also get it on android and will work on smartphones, don't know if it'll cover the combination of languages you need but it's well worth a look, and for anyone else that fancies learning a language as well, completely free, quite a clever business model actually, the users aren't charged anything, they teach you to read, write, listen and speak in your chosen language, and then they charge companies to crowdsource translations of documents for them, and when you're a long way along you can help with translating sections of them as part of your learning process, users get to learn a language for free, and companies get their documents translated perfectly as they're checked and rechecked for content and grammar.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Mich the common dude

Thank You all very much! I will check everything!