Ch4 Eden programme

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
ParamedicPrepper

Ch4 Eden programme

Post by ParamedicPrepper »

Looks ok but I think it is going to be a reality tv series rather than the experiment they depict it to be.

Missus had a go at me for shouting at the tv telling them they were morons lol
dangerman

Re: Ch4 Eden programme

Post by dangerman »

Yep, human drama bah. I'm still gonna watch it though. Just dreaming...
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
MrBunty

Post by MrBunty »

I've just watched the first episode on catchup and can say for certain that at least half the people are utterly useless and would not survive a real SHTF situation, they seem to have joined up just for a laugh and aren't taking it seriously.

I don't know why I watch programmes like this as they just annoy me and I'm hardly a survivalist expert, but most of the mistakes I thought were common sense.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

It has become a bit of a drama so far but I'm enjoying it. My wife things the builder guy is a dick for separating himself, but I think he's smart. Everyone needs space and he's also using logic by building safe abode away from the elements. It's also showing a little of the psychology of how people might behave in harsh situations. Learning has the potential to take place during this show.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

Whilst it's romantic to think of being a lone survivalist hunter gatherer farmer living in a self-built utopia, it's probably completely false, surely. The reality will be like Eden - a group with mixed skills forced to learn to live with each other's foibles. It's always struck me as odd that survival stories automatically assume the prepper in a SHTF scenario becomes the leader - in reality it will the most popular man (specified gender deliberate) who has the most suitable emotional IQ (this probably excludes most preppers - certainly me haha). Perhaps watching shows like Eden and Big Brother are actually the best prepping we could do....
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
junmist

Post by junmist »

really must have a look see at this. Please please tell me it is some where in Europe and not some location that has nice weather
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

junmist wrote:really must have a look see at this. Please please tell me it is some where in Europe and not some location that has nice weather
They're marooned in the sun kissed and tropical Ardnamurchan peninsula on the Scottish costas. :lol:
MrBunty

Post by MrBunty »

The weather seems awful so far and it's not even winter. I can't see everyone staying once SHTF really kicks in and they don't have the food/resources they were given to start with.

Right now they have loads of high calorie food for energy and everything else needed to set up a decent camp and some of them are taking daytime naps and sitting around chatting, a month of hard work now would make life easier for them in the future