Nuclear War The Facts On Our Survival: Peter Goodwin

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
BadgerSE

Post by BadgerSE »

I bought this book on fleabay for a cheap £2.50 plus £1 postage second hand.

One of my preps is for nuclear war, a controversial subject that I am also fascinated and curious about.

Although this book is over well 30 years old now it is actually still surprisingly relevant to today's worries, political arguments, concerns and (dare I say it) facts on the use of nuclear weapons. Given the fact we have yet to endure and survive a nuclear war to study the effects of such an event. I've read the book now it's only 117 pages long minus the glossary and references section. It covers most of the topics I can see such as the effects of radiation poisoning, nuclear reactions, effect of the blast, types of explosions and targets plus the worldwide effect of the use of those weapons etc. Peter Goodwin uses loads of government and scientific sources and statistics at the time he published the book to get some of his information.

An interesting read for anyone who is curious or just wants to better their understanding of nuclear weapons and effects and governments potential strategies. Not a long read by means.
“Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”

Area 3
defender130

Post by defender130 »

Will have to keep an eye out for it

Have had a read of the small nuclear section in the Preppers blueprint and one of the U.S. Military pdf's I found somewhere had a section which was quite interesting reading

Think the sas survival handbook also has a section covering it and is also on my book shopping list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadgerSE

Re: Nuclear War The Facts On Our Survival: Peter Goodwin

Post by BadgerSE »

There is only 1 other copy of this book I can see on fleabay item number 191818790905 if you're interested.

Alternatively I saw that Amazon sells them too mostly second hand.

I have the US Army Manual FM21-76 which covers a small section on nuclear survival and yes, you're right - Lofty Wiseman's SAS survival guide has a section on nuclear war protection.

This book though is a much more in depth look with lots of information. Even a small section on self home made bunkers and types of military bunkers.. Very interesting read!
“Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?”

Area 3
Nari70

Post by Nari70 »

Nuclear war survival skills by c.h.kearny is another very good and detailed book on the subject. Not seen a cheap version. Think e-book is around 8 quid and more for paperback. Having said that if your interested in the subject I highly recommend it.
Nari70

Post by Nari70 »

book in printable chapter form for free online here:http://www.oism.org/nwss/