Uk Dark: Am I Prepper

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
tc556guy

Re: Uk Dark: Am I Prepper

Post by tc556guy »

junmist wrote:Well it was nice that it was uk based and not usa based but we couldn't get away from the gun mentality , the hero had a very covenant gun license it would have been much more interesting if he had had to think of ways to protect his home/family with out the guns. Then there was his other half who listen to his concerns and agreed with him :o Now most of you know that the family normally needs a bit of convincing about our mad hobby. The nice thing about this book is that it was a community based and not a i'm heading for the woods one. The author also touched on a few unpleasant subjects but not enough to put people off. A few things I would like to have seen from the woman's point of view as well but all in all not bad
A firearm will always be the most logical means of self defense until the components and firearms themselves are unserviceable
*My views discussed on this forum are personal opinion and do not constitute information released in an official capacity*
junmist

Post by junmist »

tc556guy wrote:
junmist wrote:Well it was nice that it was uk based and not usa based but we couldn't get away from the gun mentality , the hero had a very covenant gun license it would have been much more interesting if he had had to think of ways to protect his home/family with out the guns. Then there was his other half who listen to his concerns and agreed with him :o Now most of you know that the family normally needs a bit of convincing about our mad hobby. The nice thing about this book is that it was a community based and not a i'm heading for the woods one. The author also touched on a few unpleasant subjects but not enough to put people off. A few things I would like to have seen from the woman's point of view as well but all in all not bad
A firearm will always be the most logical means of self defense until the components and firearms themselves are unserviceable
Sorry but fire amrs are a convent cop out for writers so much easyer to shoot someone Louses La'mour had two woman without a gun in a book called Cherokee trail who run a stagecoach station and came up with an inguise salution to solve a promlem, yes he did have them buy a gun in the end but he at lest he thought about how they would defend themselve with out a gun first. I a law biding citerzen have no idea how to get a gun nor do I wish too join a gun club and learn too shoot, so how would I defined myself from rape and other nasty things if god forbid Twotwawki happened Louses La'mour wins hands down for solving problems with out guns which is funny really as he manly wrote about the wild west.
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
JDandCoke

Post by JDandCoke »

Hi guys
Are these books actually good?
I like post apocalyptic books, and seen it few days ago on amazon and was wandering if worth to buy.

If I can recommend you good books - Metro 2033, 2034 and 2035 - Russian books translated to English about people surviving nuclear end of world and living in underground.
tc556guy

Post by tc556guy »

junmist wrote: Sorry but fire amrs are a convent cop out for writers so much easyer to shoot someone Louses La'mour had two woman without a gun in a book called Cherokee trail who run a stagecoach station and came up with an inguise salution to solve a promlem, yes he did have them buy a gun in the end but he at lest he thought about how they would defend themselve with out a gun first. I a law biding citerzen have no idea how to get a gun nor do I wish too join a gun club and learn too shoot, so how would I defined myself from rape and other nasty things if god forbid Twotwawki happened Louses La'mour wins hands down for solving problems with out guns which is funny really as he manly wrote about the wild west.
[/quote]
You're certainly free to try it your way, but when the thin veneer of civilization cracks I suspect that you will find yourself at the mercy of those who are able to project force at a time when you apparently lack such capability. Just because McGuyver was shown by a liberal anti-gun media solving problems every week without guns doesn't mean that it's the wisest course of action to deny yourself an option. Better to have the capability and not need it than need it and not have it.
*My views discussed on this forum are personal opinion and do not constitute information released in an official capacity*
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

tc556guy wrote:
junmist wrote: Sorry but fire amrs are a convent cop out for writers so much easyer to shoot someone Louses La'mour had two woman without a gun in a book called Cherokee trail who run a stagecoach station and came up with an inguise salution to solve a promlem, yes he did have them buy a gun in the end but he at lest he thought about how they would defend themselve with out a gun first. I a law biding citerzen have no idea how to get a gun nor do I wish too join a gun club and learn too shoot, so how would I defined myself from rape and other nasty things if god forbid Twotwawki happened Louses La'mour wins hands down for solving problems with out guns which is funny really as he manly wrote about the wild west.
You're certainly free to try it your way, but when the thin veneer of civilization cracks I suspect that you will find yourself at the mercy of those who are able to project force at a time when you apparently lack such capability. Just because McGuyver was shown by a liberal anti-gun media solving problems every week without guns doesn't mean that it's the wisest course of action to deny yourself an option. Better to have the capability and not need it than need it and not have it.[/quote]

You have to bear in mind that we don't have the same number of firearms over here or the ease of access to them. For a lot of people over here, even preppers, firearms aren't really something that they consider, each to their own and all that.
redskies

Post by redskies »

JDandCoke wrote:Hi guys
Are these books actually good?
I like post apocalyptic books, and seen it few days ago on amazon and was wandering if worth to buy.

If I can recommend you good books - Metro 2033, 2034 and 2035 - Russian books translated to English about people surviving nuclear end of world and living in underground.

They're not bad at all, certainly worth a read :)