Dystopian fiction.

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
ForgeCorvus

Re: Dystopian fiction.

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Smudge wrote:The Survivalist by Jerry Ahern, I got hooked on these in the WRVS at Leconfield I managed to collect almost all of them at one point.
You've got to admit that it does read like a catalogue at times.... Do we need to be told all the details of each item of gear every time it gets used :lol:

Loved them when I was a kid though
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

I've just started reading this series and am finding it quite entertaining .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... s_rw_dp_sw
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Has anyone mentioned Alex Scarrow's "Last Light" and "Afterlight" yet? Very very good. Might get them out again.
Zunzuncito

Post by Zunzuncito »

Not sure if Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky counts as it's not about prepping but is a dystopian story at its core and I really enjoyed it.

Also I cannot recommend Stephen King's 'The Stand' enough, it is fantastic!
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

I'm going to read the Wool trilogy again, bloody brilliant set of books, as is one second after and so many I can't remember the titles of!
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
JDandCoke

Post by JDandCoke »

Books I can recommend - Metro 2033, 2034 and 2035 - after nuclear war that nobody even knows who started world is destroyed as all the nukes on the world were used. 20 years after the war people live underground in the underground of Moscow in case of these 3 books, and the surface is full of mutants.
Metro has been followed by Universum Metro 2033 - lots of books, unfortunatelly not too many in English. Mostly in Russian, Polish, bit in German probably. Really great read.