Lovely Book - really enjoying this

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
diamond lil

Lovely Book - really enjoying this

Post by diamond lil »

Red Doe

Re: Lovely Book - really enjoying this

Post by Red Doe »

I have that book too, Lil. :D It is lovely, isn`t it? And fairly accurate..I like especially the way the neighbours help out when needed, it used to be the same here, but they were all older folks and sadly, when they die out, no younger folks come in to replace the gap left by them, and a lot of old knowledge goes too. :(
In this area alone, it`s down to me, and about a mile along the road, an elderly couple with health problems!
Most of the crofthouses lie empty, used for two weeks a year as holiday homes. It`s a pet peeve of mine, I`m afraid.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Maybe one day things will turn again RD and they will be opened and aired and used again. There's noway I'd keep a croft for a holiday home - that land going to waste and not worked would annoy me to hell.
I have ordered the follow up book, Garden in the Hills. Because she's the same height up as me and what she grew I should be be able to grow. In theory. :lol:
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

Looks a good read. Might make that next on my list.

I just read Cormac McCarthy's 'The Road', having seen the film a month or so ago. Great book, and I think a 'realistic' portrayal of human beings post-apocalypse. Recommended.
Red Doe

Post by Red Doe »

I read The Road, also saw the movie but can`t watch it again as it made me cry! :oops:
Very grim indeed.