A Great Free Book - Beyond Collapse

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
bungee

A Great Free Book - Beyond Collapse

Post by bungee »

Hey there!
I've found there are plenty books about prepping to be found on sites like amazon that are literally worth their weight in horse manure. Promising lots and delivering little, they all seem to pretty much play on peoples worst fears and actually dont contain much of anything we didn't know allready and to add insult to injury charge you for the privilege of downloading them.
Well not this web site:

http://www.survivalcivilization.com/?page_id=70

On here you can find a link to the author, T. Joseph Miller Jnr's book Beyond Collapse.
You can buy it on amazon if you want but he also offers a link to a free PDF download so you can have it for free. I downloaded the PDF (using the if all else fails link) , read it and thought it was so useful I purchased a physical copy for my library.

Pros for the book are its not sensationalist.
It covers pretty much every aspect of prepping and what to do to survive in a collapse situation.
It covers pre collapse and years into post collapse.
It has useful advice and lists on what to collect at different times
It has recipies for making various useful items post collapse for items you may struggle without
It has useful advice on rebuilding society - everything from establishing a group to setting up a market

The cons are few from my point of view and mainly focus on the fact this is an American author writing for an American market.
The advice in the book therefore doesn't really take into account the space constraints we have in Britain and the lack of places for 65 million + citizens to bug out to :)
While the book doesn't overly focus on weaponry like some do, uk laws still make a lot of this advice irrelevant certainly in a pre collapse society.
Later in the book it focuses on building a community, laws and a constitution, this is for obvious reasons very America-centric and while there is lots of useful advice I kind of ended up skipping That bit.

In summary there's more than enough practical and useful advice on what to and how to prep to keep anyone going and while it maybe geared toward a collapse scenario lots of the advice can be applies to any situation.

Hope you enjoy the book guys
" those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
― Douglas Adams
Jamesey1981

Re: A Great Free Book - Beyond Collapse

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Good spot, always up for a free book!
Thanks for the heads up.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
CynicalSurvival

Post by CynicalSurvival »

Good find, thanks for sharing! So true about most of the Amazon downloads.
The last taboo is the myth of civilisation. It is built upon the stories we have constructed about our genius, our indestructibility, our manifest destiny as a chosen species. - The Dark Mountain Project Manifesto http://dark-mountain.net/about/manifesto/
fapplan

Post by fapplan »

Downloaded. Thanks for the share