Turobo lighter

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Bulldog

Turobo lighter

Post by Bulldog »

Cant recommend these enough, great for lighting hexy blocks , burning para cord and many other uses.

Bulldog

Re: Turobo lighter

Post by Bulldog »

How do i resize them ??
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Northern Raider wrote:
Bulldog wrote:How do i resize them ??
Dunno for sure, sometimes its automatic, Try PMing Scoobie hes our inhouse geniarse.
NR ;)
Just done that thankyou for the pointer :D
janso

Post by janso »

I've gone through nearly 4 turbo lighters so far.... 2 helios lighters by silva and two turboflames, they just dont like working after a while, any tips where I'm going wrong Bulldog?? :roll:
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

janso wrote:I've gone through nearly 4 turbo lighters so far.... 2 helios lighters by silva and two turboflames, they just dont like working after a while, any tips where I'm going wrong Bulldog?? :roll:
No idea mate , dont know if i have just been lucky but mines been great i have used it in below freezing conditions and torrential rain.
What went wrong with yours? Was it the same fault with both turboflames ?
dch

Post by dch »

bump this up and ask a couple of questions, and give a point of view,

i've been through 3 "storm lighters" and am in need of a fourth, firstly i had a silva helios

http://www.penroseoutdoors.co.uk/acatal ... ghter.html

which fell to bits and would not light after a year of daily carry by a non smoker,
then i got a true utilitys one,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/True-utility-TU ... 884&sr=8-4

very small tank and got scratched up quickly from change in my pocket, then back to a second silva which has been the same story as before, now i'm looking at the turboflame in your pics bulldog, is it still working for you and would you still recomend it,

janso i have done some reading on this and turboflame say on there web site that the swan/ronson lighter fuel isn't goodenough for there lights, could this be the cause of some of your probs? just a thought.
janso

Post by janso »

Hmm.... maybe thats the issue dch. Must look out for a different fuel source to try - any ideas? I noticed you quoted penrose outdoors for a pic of the helios........ are you a fellow Cornishman?? ;)
dch

Post by dch »

that would be a no janson, i'm living on the banks of the river mersey, the pics where just what poped up on the web for illustration, about the fuel turboflame do recomend newport?

http://www.turboflame.co.uk/faqs.php

hope this helps
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

dch im still useing my original Turbolighter and very happy with it.
I dont use it every day and i certinly wouldnt light a cigarette with one :lol:
I get out once a month , sometimes twice and have used it in alsorts of conditions, i havnt used the flame for prolonged use but i only bought it for lighting fires, burning paracord etc.
I am definatly still a big fan of them.
dch

Post by dch »

cheers bulldog, mines in the post,

to me that is