Hunting Air Rifle

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
thedugfather

Re: Hunting Air Rifle

Post by thedugfather »

I think I must be the only guy on here with a springer. I have an hw97kt brilliant strong rifle. yes it is a tad heavy especialy now I have a torch mounted. however I find it easy and deadly accurate. I have a 3-12x40ao scope on mine. and you think about it prepping wise id say its better than a gas as u don't need to keep filling it after 100 odd shots.
if you can see it you can shot it.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Not the only one by a long shot I have 2 springers, BSA supersport carbine and a chinese side lever thing LightningXL named himself after his :lol:
I've heard convincing argeuments for springer and pre charged depending on how many shots you are going to take and how far away from the car you want to go, and how stealthy you want to be, some animals will hear the springer even moderated, the thing is if you get into it you probably wont stop at one.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
jansman

Post by jansman »

thedugfather wrote:I think I must be the only guy on here with a springer. I have an hw97kt brilliant strong rifle. yes it is a tad heavy especialy now I have a torch mounted. however I find it easy and deadly accurate. I have a 3-12x40ao scope on mine. and you think about it prepping wise id say its better than a gas as u don't need to keep filling it after 100 odd shots.
Oh no you ain't. I still have my old Original 45( boy I have shot a few hundred rabbits with that) a webley vulcan and a chinese underlever. That Chink one is awesome, it can put a slug straight through both sides of a galvanised bin. Got to give it to the peoples republic, it is good tough gear.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Springer all the way, I started a thread a while back about just thism I will find the link........
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
munchh

Post by munchh »

AREA 3
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Panther

Post by Panther »

I too prefer a springer; as the dugfather said you're not reliant on gas, something that might be rather tricky (not to say impossible) in a post apocalypse world. I currently have an Air Arms TX200Mk3. It's a hefty piece of kit but very accurate. I'm also something of a scrooge and begrudge having the extra expense of gas cylinders! ;)
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

In a post apocalypse world :lol: just thinking here anyone got a pellet mould? Everything is finite, sort of reminds me of when the salesman tried to sell my mother insurance on a £50 video recorder to my then 72 year old mother, I said don't be daft she'll probably be dead before it is, and may never fully work out how to use it, saved her a few quid I did and I was right a decade passed, so did she but the video recorder was still sat there good to go and never fully understood :lol:
The moral of the ramble is use what you like and are good with, and get a back up.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
moocher

Post by moocher »

Got a rough sightless hw 35 in loft, a webley and Scott .22
and recently bought a hw95 .177 off the deceased owners relative .
hobo

Post by hobo »

Hw97 here too :)
munchh

Post by munchh »

I grabbed an SMK XS15, its a kids gun really, but its small and accurate with just the iron sights, very little to go wrong, ive not used it in anger yet against a bunny or anything, but ive no doubt it will do the job.
AREA 3