Lidl stuff

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Lidl stuff

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

lap lander esk pruning saws coming up

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-249 ... l&id=31393
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
munchh

Post by munchh »

They are good for £3, ive got 4.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Wales1

Post by Wales1 »

Putting this in here because its not worth its own thread.
£1 shop has a load of camping gear in at the moment. I brought a pack of carabinas 4 in a pack 2 large 2 small...stay away from them they are rubbish, 2 have already broken-the springs holding the clip closed have gone. I know they were only a quid and you get what you pay for but even as 'spares' they aren not worth it IMHO.
EMT

Post by EMT »

A few weeks ago they have these 10litre water containers and headlamps.
Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

Was in there yesterday and passed them buy, what is the point in having stuff that will break first time you use it, it gives a false sence of security, i'd rather buying nothing for a month then buy something decent rather then buy toot every week, try to get a balance between quality and cost.

All1
Please bear in mind i am prepping for the River Thames to flood and how i can get to safe ground, I'm not worried about the end of the world..... I'll die with the other Minions.
I can't trust Govt or local Council to help me so i have to help myself.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I have a method for buying stuff in the pound shop: If it has few or no moving parts it's often worth a punt. More complicated or robust things, I buy elsewhere. I'm also acutely aware that some things work out more expensive in the pound shop than say B&M or Home Bargains. As the old saying goes, you pays your money and takes your choice.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
munchh

Post by munchh »

Alloneword wrote:Was in there yesterday and passed them buy, what is the point in having stuff that will break first time you use it, it gives a false sence of security, i'd rather buying nothing for a month then buy something decent rather then buy toot every week, try to get a balance between quality and cost.

All1
Im assuming your talking about the poundland stuff?
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Lidl have their rechargeable batteries back in this week. I got some a couple of years ago and use them regularly, they are still good and have outlasted better batteries and at £2.99 per pack they are a great deal. I got some more today.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-249 ... 31903&ar=3
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Beatts

Post by Beatts »

Hi,

I bought an electric knife sharpener from Lidl this week, £15 with a spare blade, and also a bow saw with spare blade £5

The sharpener may not be any good but it looks like an exact replica of a plasplugs one I had which was great for sharpening chisels and garden shears. I didn't try knives with it.
dangerman

Post by dangerman »

Beatts wrote:Hi,

I bought an electric knife sharpener from Lidl this week, £15 with a spare blade, and also a bow saw with spare blade £5

The sharpener may not be any good but it looks like an exact replica of a plasplugs one I had which was great for sharpening chisels and garden shears. I didn't try knives with it.
How are you getting on with the sharpener? I'm so confused lately about sharpening and grinds lately. If I could spend £15 and have something that made all my knives like razors in an instant I'd be made up.

There is a load of knife snobbery on youtube, there is also a load of knife sharpening snobbery that I can't get my head around too.
I love motorcycles like a fat guy loves cake. I also love cake.