Fire Starter

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Dropbear

Re: Fire Starter

Post by Dropbear »

TheBoss is right, never rely on one method but my preferred combo is light my fire Flint and mora clipper knife, it's a carbon steel blade so holds is edge and gives a good shower of White sparks, cheap enough to by a few as well at about a tenner!
Damkina

Post by Damkina »

I'm taking all the advice onboard. As soon as I've collected what I need I'm going to have a trial run on the garden, then when we go camping in a few weeks. Before it becomes inevitable and I might not have a clue what to do.
janso

Post by janso »

GI issue can openers can still be bought through local army surplus and online on many sites..., I think Gerlert and BCB should stock them... check Ebay for a bargain pack!! :D

Check out this site of dedication!!! http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/page52.shtml

Hope it helps..... ;)
Damkina

Post by Damkina »

Yes, they're the very thing. Absolutely fantastic and would rcommend anyone to have a couple or more in their stores.

We had a couple for over twenty years, and it was only a couple of years ago that we started having problems with them, but they were well worn by then.