AA Phone Charger (Mini review)

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Meyou

Post by Meyou »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Mobile-Phone ... -1-catcorr

Got mine last night, with much excitement on my part! First impression, very sturdy build. Its got an Alluminium construction with a small cap of pespex covering the electronics, which unscrews allowing you to remove them if needed. Takes one AA battery and comes with seven cables. Just select the right one, and plug it into your phone, then insert one AA battery. Here comes the hard part...you gotta wait for about an hour.

It comes supplied with a cheapie battery, but I used a Duracell Plus instead. After approximately 90 minutes the battery was completely emptied. During the process the casing gets rather toasty, so it can also be used as an impromptu hand warmer! I haven't tested whether I can make a phone call while charging off the battery, but I get the impression that if I did, it would use power faster than I could charge it.

After 90 minutes or so of charging, my phone (Nokia 5800) was about a third charged. For comparrison, on the mains that would take me about 20 minutes...so its not the fastest. But it does the trick and will enable you to make a call in an emergency. As such, it has been added to my EDC....just in case.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

I was going to buy two of these, one for the Mrs and one for me. Got to the checkout to be told they don't work with iPhones even though they say they do! :(
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
hobo

Re: AA Phone Charger (Mini review)

Post by hobo »

I decded to pay a bit more for a powermonkey £12.99. Claims Up to 96 Hours Standby(mobile phone). - 40 Hours (iPod). - 6 Hours on (Sony PSP).

Hobo