Paper brick device

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
shocker

Re: Paper brick device

Post by shocker »

Jamesey1981 wrote:And don't forget to change the polarity of your electrode for flux core, it gives terrible welds if you don't.
Yes and no...strictly speaking the polarity needs changing but with experience and technique it can be dealt with. I rarely remember or bother. Im a lazy sod, I know. Anyway, if its rough, so long as its deep its nothing a flap disc wont cure...embarrassed face etc
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

My welds are pretty rough anyway, they hold but they're not pretty, so I need all the help I can get!
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
shocker

Post by shocker »

Jamesey1981 wrote: I need all the help I can get!
Dont we all mate,dont we all...and thats why God invented forums. Or forii, or fora...or something
shocker

Post by shocker »

Back on the OP subject, would a parafin/kerosene pressure stove do the job of a kitchen range ? Not a camping one but something like this:

http://digi.kansalliskirjasto.fi/pienpa ... 56?page=10

smiley face,smiley face
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

A home kitchen sized paraffin pressure stove would be terrifying, I haven't used one in years, but the (ancient) one that I used to have would give you a huge jet of flaming parrafin when you pumped it if the priming paste hadn't heated it up enough!
Totally user error but I like things to be as idiot proof as possible.
Maybe newer ones are better if anyone makes them but I don't think I'd want to use one that worked like my old Primus stove, I'm no expert though so someone might know better.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
shocker

Post by shocker »

No, you just about summed it up.

I just like the idea of borrowing someones diesel or heating oil to run a camp stove rather than buy gas cans. Cos I is cheap, innit.