Off Grid Battery advice

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
preppingsu

Re: Off Grid Battery advice

Post by preppingsu »

Optimystic wrote:Eek.. ya knwo when sometimes theres a subject that no matter how its explained it just doesnt compute in ya brain?..lol. Thats me with this kind of thing... ill read up some more till i 'get it'! or till i can find a 'geek' willing to show me!..lol
A meet (RV) with some training on solar panels might be something worth looking at :D just need someone with the knowledge to teach all of us who have just gone what??? :shock:
Malamute Mitch

Post by Malamute Mitch »

Hi et al,

yep justin maths is good so far;) but unfortunately the items you are doing the maths on won't give you the answers you need :?

I e wattage on the inverter is irrelevant as it s just it's max rating. you may be only drawing 25% off that for a particular appliance.

Orange mentioned about the "power" the actual inverter uses and yes it does however, these days even the cheaper one don't tend use more than 10%, better quality ones are below 5%. The type of inverter is also important as there are many and it can seriously affect what you can safely run on them. This is due to the "type" as I will call it, (frequency and waveform) of power they produce.

If there is a "want" I can do an online" tutorial in the tutorials section, starting with the very basic s and building up over a period of time. Adding in Q & A s
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Malamute Mitch wrote:
If there is a "want" I can do an online" tutorial in the tutorials section, starting with the very basic s and building up over a period of time. Adding in Q & A s
In the manner of Sally in When Harry met Sally.....YES, YES , YEEEESSSSS!!! :D Please..... :mrgreen:
Optimystic

Post by Optimystic »

preppingsu wrote:
Malamute Mitch wrote:
In the manner of Sally in When Harry met Sally.....YES, YES , YEEEESSSSS!!! :D Please..... :mrgreen:
Of u can think of 'DIM' then add a bit of 'Thick' when ur writing up the basics..lolol then I might just get this!... x
junmist

Post by junmist »

Hi if you find a geek can you send them to me I just can't get my head round sola panel's :? Thank you preppingus though I was the only one :shock:
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Justin Time

Post by Justin Time »