Maglights?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Bulldog

Re: Maglights?

Post by Bulldog »

brer fox wrote:H i yes the mag-lights are a little on the heavy side, but with some simple training they can also make a very effective defensive weapon especially the smaller 2AA, look up kubotan :D
So do the 3 cell D mags make a useful weapon.......look up club :lol:
http://www.maglite.com/D_Cell_LED.asp
hobo

Post by hobo »

Help! I bought some Nitiz LED upgrades and IQ switches for a couple of minimaglites I have.... I followed the instructions to fit them and... NOTHING!
Any advice anyone?
Thanks
Hobo
hobo

Post by hobo »

Northern Raider wrote:
hobo wrote:Help! I bought some Nitiz LED upgrades and IQ switches for a couple of minimaglites I have.... I followed the instructions to fit them and... NOTHING!
Any advice anyone?
Thanks
Hobo
Go back to the ordinary end cap and see if the LED head works, plus I'm pretty sure on the instructions there is only one right way asnd one wrong way to fit the LED head. then if you get that working try the tail switch agsin.
Thanks. Tried both, no luck. What's the chance I got 2 duff sets of upgrades?

Hobo
hobo

Post by hobo »

Thanks NR. Ahead of you on the batteries. Maybe summat in the maglite is damaged.....hmmm.... will put it away for tonight and do something else!

Hobo
allan

Post by allan »

Bulldog wrote:
brer fox wrote:H i yes the mag-lights are a little on the heavy side, but with some simple training they can also make a very effective defensive weapon especially the smaller 2AA, look up kubotan :D
So do the 3 cell D mags make a useful weapon.......look up club :lol:
http://www.maglite.com/D_Cell_LED.asp
You can get attachments for the large maglights to make them into side handle batons.
highland-bushcraft

Post by highland-bushcraft »

If you are not interested in having a torch that you can club someone to death with the i would have a look a some of the high intensity LED torches on the market. I would recoment fenix, 4 seven, and nightcore.

My EDC flashligh is a Fenix LD10 130 lumen flashligh it runs of of 1 AA battery and has 6 different settings full power 130 lumen it will last about 1h on it lowest setting 8 lumen it will last around 35 hours.

I also have a fenix LD20 which is the 2 cell AA big brother of the LD10 on full power it has 205 lumen of power

In contrast a standard 2 D cell mag light is rated at 114 lumen so my one Ounce sigle AA led fenix flashligh is more powerfull that a 2 d cell maglight

I adition flashlights like the Fenix are digitaly regulated which means they do not go dim untill they are total depleated.
hobo

Post by hobo »

I like the LED Lenser T7. Focusable. 200 lumens. Around £40. Lovely!

Hobo
DeltaSierra

Post by DeltaSierra »

Hey NR (or anyone really of course heh) of the Fenrix line, is there one you'd recommend as the EDC torch, to be stored in the elasticated looping of a Maxped EDC pouch.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Just upgraded a couple of solitaires with http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7263wt_907

They're lovely. Reckon I'll dig out my remaining solitaires, upgrade them and put in the barter box!

Sorted out my other mini maglite LED upgrade problem - as expected it was me being thick. See:
hobo wrote:
Help! I bought some Nitiz LED upgrades and IQ switches for a couple of minimaglites I have.... I followed the instructions to fit them and... NOTHING!
Any advice anyone?
Thanks
Hobo
The upgrades work a treat!

Hobo
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

hobo wrote:Sorted out my other mini maglite LED upgrade problem - as expected it was me being thick
hobo wrote:The upgrades work a treat
Thanks for the info Hobo, will have to look into them