Whetstones

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
ForgeCorvus

Re: Whetstones

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jansman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:29 pm .......in my GHB, a Cold Steel Roach Belly. That’ll be a pattern that Forge has come across I am sure. I think I paid £12 for it. It is a superb multi- purpose design, and a proper work knife. So are my opinels. You can see the pattern here; cheap! :lol:
Now that is an old form.... Like about a couple of thousand years. Classic ;)

Opinels are one of my other go-to's, preferred sizes are #7 or #8. I do reshape them to a Clip-back or spear point though as I find the standard tip a bit weak.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:50 pm
jansman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:29 pm .......in my GHB, a Cold Steel Roach Belly. That’ll be a pattern that Forge has come across I am sure. I think I paid £12 for it. It is a superb multi- purpose design, and a proper work knife. So are my opinels. You can see the pattern here; cheap! :lol:
Now that is an old form.... Like about a couple of thousand years. Classic ;)

Opinels are one of my other go-to's, preferred sizes are #7 or #8. I do reshape them to a Clip-back or spear point though as I find the standard tip a bit weak.
#7 and # 8 for me too
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

I have a few Mora craftlines, nice sharp knives, good shape, excellent plastic sheath. Recently I bought two Mora Heavies, very similar to the originals, but a bit, errr, heavier.

I bought stainless and carbon, if buying again I'd just get the stainless.
korolev

Post by korolev »

jansman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:29 pm I know that a lot of folks like to collect knives, and that is great. A nice blade is a lovely thing, but the prices of some of them make me cringe! Then again, I spend inordinate sums on fishing gear :lol: Mind you , I do use and abuse that too.How you spend your dough is up to you.

I always fancied a genuine Ka-Bar US Marine knife, but I just cannot bring myself to pay the money! I have Moras and Hultafors in the workshop, and in my GHB, a Cold Steel Roach Belly. That’ll be a pattern that Forge has come across I am sure. I think I paid £12 for it. It is a superb multi- purpose design, and a proper work knife. So are my opinels. You can see the pattern here; cheap! :lol:
I know people who spend a lot more than me on a knife - £500+ isn't uncommon :shock:

Personally there's a price/shiny point above which I won't carry/use in case I lose/break it and I only have UK legal knives as every day carry. I should sell some of them but just owning them gives me pleasure.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

korolev wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:06 am I know people who spend a lot more than me on a knife - £500+ isn't uncommon :shock:
I know the type, I just couldn't do it myself
Personally there's a price/shiny point above which I won't carry/use in case I lose/break it and I only have UK legal knives as every day carry. I should sell some of them but just owning them gives me pleasure.
I can only carry one musket at a time, and I only need one type. However, none of that would stop me from owning several because that would give me pleasure....... Come to think of it, sewing machines are also my Kryptonite. :oops:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar