Thermo flask under £20

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Prep M8

Thermo flask under £20

Post by Prep M8 »

Hi fellow preppers,

Looking for a flask for use whilst camping and walking up hills. Need one where it is good for hot and cold liquids.

20 years ago I bought a Sigg water bottle. Have dropped it loads of times and has never failed me. Great quality.

Now looking for a flask between 500ml and 1l. Have looked at loads. Just can't decide which to buy. Lol.

Thanks
blue90

Re: Thermo flask under £20

Post by blue90 »

Thermos, They used to be good, dont know how good they are now.
I think for that money you wont go wrong so long as its decent quality, leak free lid, aluminium casing etc.

I have a travel mug for work, just a push fit lid, around 350 - 400 ml , cheap (5 quid) and it will keep my tea warm for hours, the first hour or so it will be kettle hot.
Prep M8

Post by Prep M8 »

Thanks for the reply blue 90.

I was looking at thermos in one of your big supermarkets. They had different makes ranging from ££8.99. to over £20.00

Might have to take a punt on one which looks pleasingly to the eye. lol.
blue90

Post by blue90 »

There is a manufacturer called Thermos.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Stanley used to rival thermos

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15895644/s ... lsrc=aw.ds

(Can be had cheaper)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

A lot depends on the "quality" of the vacuum - I use inverted commas because of course you either have a vacuum or you don't....

I've had lots of thermoses that look good but lose heat rapidly. The best I've found is a Thermos-brand one (got its LSGC medal now) and a Kuhn Rikon one - even though both are only 500ml and so the amount of heat you put in is limited, they keep the contents hot remarkably well. On Sunday morning I filled the Thermos thermos with hot Ribena - it was still luke-warm on Monday afternoon.

I'd say for £20 you could get a good, branded, well-reviewed flask so long as you research it a bit.
Prep M8

Post by Prep M8 »

Thanks for the replies.

Was looking at the company called thermos. Stanley flasks do look good.

As featherstick said might do a bit of research on them.

Cheers
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

We have an all stainless steel litre Aladdin brand thermos which is now 30 years old and can still keep liquids at a stable temperature for over 12 hours despite more a trip down the stairs or two.
In general all the 100% stainless ones we have had have been pretty good but the smaller ones do not hold heat as well as the bigger ones. The ones with glass or plastic liners have mostly gone to the charity shop or the bin......